Forced Updates

MSStateDawg
MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
Yes, I've seen the post about slowness/errors with today's update.

This post is to request that updates are not forced but made optional. This will allow the user to delay installing an update as they watch the Community to ensure no issues are being reported.

Yeah, I would have submitted this as an enhancement request from within Quicken but, yo know wut...I'm unable to use Quicken since this morning's forced update.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    To prevent Quicken from applying an update without your approval, I suggest you set Windows UAC settings appropriately (choose default or always notify).

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    Hello @Cris Williams,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

I'd like to refer you to this active Idea post regarding this topic instead. If you would like to see this feature be added in the future, you can go ahead and add your vote by clicking the up arrow underneath the vote count (see example below) as well as a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

In regard to your current issue of being unable to use Quicken since installing this morning's update; could you please elaborate and provide further details on what is happening, or are you solely referring to the issue of being unable to run a One Step Update as reported in this morning's alert here?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    To prevent Quicken from applying an update without your approval, I suggest you set Windows UAC settings appropriately (choose default or always notify).

Already have. It was my understanding that Quicken would not start if I did not approve the update. Is that not correct?
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

This portion of your comment is inaccurate.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:

Already have. It was my understanding that Quicken would not start if I did not approve the update. Is that not correct?
    Yes.  That is not correct.  Quicken should start when you do not approve the update.
This discussion has been closed.