MS Surface Go 2 - onscreen keyboard covers info

redsoxrock
redsoxrock Member ✭✭
Recently installed Quicken Deluxe on MS Surface Go 2. I've found when entering transaction information into the app, the on screen keyboard often covers information making it difficult to know how the app is responding to keystrokes. Any suggestions or known settings that can be adjusted to remedy this?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the problem with an on-screen keyboard.  I can only suggest using an external keyboard.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think that the fundamental problem is that you don't have enough screen resolution to use an online keyboard.    It has a resolution of 1920x1280, which is fine for Quicken by itself, but if it goes to split that screen's height you are now done to 640, which is below the minimum resolution that Quicken allows and all of that is provided that the Windows scaling is at 100%, it is higher there is even less space.

So, like Splasher said, an external keyboard is probably the only way you are going to make it work.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a wild guess ... Would rotating the Go 2 from landscape mode to portrait mode help make more space available for the onscreen keyboard?
  • redsoxrock
    redsoxrock Member ✭✭
    Thanks for responses. Have an external keyboard on order. I will say at times, Quicken seems to automatically adjust when the on screen keyboard activates. At other times it doesn’t. Haven’t figured out what makes this happen. Rotating the device isn’t the solution.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I notice that in Windows 11 you can change the size of the virtual keyboard.  You might try that and see if it makes a difference.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/