37.64 installation Fails AGAIN

Don Awalt
Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
This is the second time I have gotten this, when attempting to update Quicken Windows Premier. Now it's doing it for 37.64, last week it did it for 37.62 - I ended up using the Mondo patch but I don't desire to do that again if possible. What is the problem with it???? This is very concerning, if the product won't update any more.

Comments

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I left off this part, the specific error (I am on a local laptop, no network drives involved):

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Don Awalt,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you're receiving this error each time you install a new update release, then if you haven't already, I recommend that you perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

However, I do also recommend holding off on updating to version release R37.64 as we have just submitted a bug report for an issue regarding new register entries. Please see this post for more info.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow. I did the update, too late - that's a terrible bug. Thanks, but a clean install etc would be a waste of time. Turns out, my DATA file is on a network drive for backing up - always has been. For some reason NOW, it causes a problem with patch update. So besides that terrible change (for me at least), the message is totally misleading as the patch to quicken patch.exe was fine and not on a network.

I have to say this is all getting very shoddy. I hope the new year brings some higher quality and communication from Quicken, I expect that paying a subscription for it.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Don Awalt, FWIW, Quicken has never supported keeping the data file on a network or cloud drive. It may lead to corruption that might not be found for months. Backups to network or cloud drives are fine.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.