differences between versions

Options
i'm trying to understand the differences between the starter vs. deluxe version. i currently have the starter version, and for several years it did everything i needed it to do. but a while back, out of the clear blue i lost the ability to update my investment accounts at Morgan-Stanley. questions:

1) am i doing something wrong, or do i need to upgrade to the deluxe version in order to get this functionality back?

2) if i don't upgrade and don't re-new my starter subscription, what functionality will i lose? right now i don't do anything online. in order to update accounts, i just download .QFX files and import them. will i still have that functionality if i don't renew my subscription?

Best Answer

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Starter doesn't include investment accounts. It us only for checking and credit cards. 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Starter Edition has NEVER supported investment accounts.  So, if you "lost the ability to update my investment accounts" that would have happened when you downgraded from a higher lever product to Starter.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    If you do not renew, you will not be able to import QFX files, there will be an annoying banner asking you to renew, and , if you're using Starter, you will be restricted to read-only access to the Quicken files.

I suggest you upgrade to Deluxe.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-my-quicken-subscription
  • lhite
    lhite Member
    Options
    thanks, Sherlock. exactly what i needed to know.
This discussion has been closed.