differences between versions

i'm trying to understand the differences between the starter vs. deluxe version. i currently have the starter version, and for several years it did everything i needed it to do. but a while back, out of the clear blue i lost the ability to update my investment accounts at Morgan-Stanley. questions:

1) am i doing something wrong, or do i need to upgrade to the deluxe version in order to get this functionality back?

2) if i don't upgrade and don't re-new my starter subscription, what functionality will i lose? right now i don't do anything online. in order to update accounts, i just download .QFX files and import them. will i still have that functionality if i don't renew my subscription?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4 Accepted Answer
    If you do not renew, you will not be able to import QFX files, there will be an annoying banner asking you to renew, and , if you're using Starter, you will be restricted to read-only access to the Quicken files.

I suggest you upgrade to Deluxe.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-my-quicken-subscription

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starter doesn't include investment accounts. It us only for checking and credit cards. 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Starter Edition has NEVER supported investment accounts.  So, if you "lost the ability to update my investment accounts" that would have happened when you downgraded from a higher lever product to Starter.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4 Accepted Answer
    If you do not renew, you will not be able to import QFX files, there will be an annoying banner asking you to renew, and , if you're using Starter, you will be restricted to read-only access to the Quicken files.

I suggest you upgrade to Deluxe.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-my-quicken-subscription
  • lhite
    lhite Member
    thanks, Sherlock. exactly what i needed to know.
This discussion has been closed.