Budgets disappear or unavailable

Options
2»

Answers

• tdreed1265
    tdreed1265 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Budget disappeared two times this morning. Restored from backup copy, re-enter everything and then budget not available. (I have Cloud/Mobile disabled).
  • CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Sorry to hear Td.  Please take a look at my 19 March suggestions.  We are all waiting for Quicken to fix this software flaw.  Seems like it would be so easy to adjust the code to "lock" the budget data.  (I still backup multiple times per session as a hedge)

Anyway, I have offered those suggestions and it has helped me to greatly reduce the occurrences of lost budgets.  Unfortunately it also means I don't dare push quicken into memory intensive tasks as this seems like a sure way to lose the budgets.  Good Luck.
    Quicken User Since - 1991
  • tdroz
    tdroz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Aaaargh! I got bit today by changing a category name after I had worked with all of my downloaded transactions! Went over to budget at the end and found out it was gone!!

Restored my last backup, the budget was there, made the category change, the budget was still there. So, I’m assuming the not having done any other downloads norreconciling any transactions kept my memory intact.

Now to reconcile again…..
  • CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad to hear you had backed up!
    Would be nice from Quicken to at least indicate that they are prioritizing a fix.
  • mike5119
    mike5119 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I too have lose budgets. Now I must check each time before I add any new items, check to see if the budget is still there. We need to advice all members to NOT renew Quicken for 2023. Maybe the lose of membership will prompt Quicken to fix these issues.
  • GuyManDude
    GuyManDude Member ✭✭
    Options
    Since Quicken has lost any usefulness as a budgeting platform with the frequent "disappearing budgets" problem, I'd be happy as a consolation prize to use Simplifi for budgeting. But alas, there is no integration or data transfer mechanism between Quicken and Simplifi! Come on Quicken, get your act together! Not being able to budget removes a huge piece of the value proposition of using your software!
  • Geno J
    Geno J Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @GuyManDude @Quicken_Tyka @Quicken Sarah @Quicken Anja @Quicken Colin @Quicken Harold

GuyManDude is right. Using Quicken without the budget feature is like buying stuff with no money (i.e. Stealing). We are paying a subscription and not getting what we paid for! Please look into this disappearing budget problem. It is excruciating to have to re-enter a budget or restore from backup and enter all the transactions over again since you lost the budget.
  • CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Could someone from Quicken please provide some fresh comment regarding when we can expect this software flaw to be fixed.  Thank you.
  • Geno J
    Geno J Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    All,

I have contacted quicken support via chat. They claim they had an alert about this issue in January, but no action taken. I opened a ticket with them. I suggest that you all do the same and if you can, DO NOT fix your budget and call quicken as soon as you have this issue. Without data they are never going to be able to solve the issue. Here is phone number for support: 650-250-1900.

Geno

@GuyManDude @Quicken_Tyka @Quicken Sarah @Quicken Anja @Quicken Colin @Quicken Harold
  • CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Starting to lose budget data again.  As usual, Quicken adds some insignificant improvement to budget and destabilizes the program AGAIN!
    PLEASE STOP trying to improve the program until you stabilize the basic features!
  • ramona.meirow
    ramona.meirow Member ✭✭
    Options
    I can't agree more too!!!
    We do not need new features until the ones we have work.
    Those features are why I bought Quicken.
    I hope their upcoming plans include fixing what hasn't worked for a long time.
    If not they need to quit advertising these features as if they exist.
  • CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lost budget this time after adding new report.  Having hard time get the backup copy which had the budget to restore it.
    Interesting how Quicken and Super Users are silent on this pervasive problem.
  • mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken is very interested in trying to ascertain the circumstances where this occurs and finding a fix.

You should move to this thread and try to help rather than gripe:

Budget Disappeared. — Quicken
  • CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

Thanks 
    By the way, I have posted many summaries of my experiences with theories to help them.  So not just “griping”.  Sorry if it bothers you, it’s meant to bother Quicken, which they richly deserve.
  • ramona.meirow
    ramona.meirow Member ✭✭
    Options
    There are no specific circumstances that cause this problem. I take a few hours to create a budget. It seems like it is going well for a bit then I will go to look at my budget and it is unavailable or disappears or says there are no budgetable categories. All my categories are still there. I have no idea what lead up to this happening. I use Quicken every day but don't look at my budget every day. Nor do I look to see if the budget is still there and working after every key stroke. Any suggestions I am aware of that Quicken has offered, I have tried, and it doesn't make a difference. The same problem comes back. A lot of people seem to have this problem, so I find it hard to believe Quicken cannot duplicate it.

Since this problem has been happening to me for at least a year, I imagine other people have been experiencing the same thing too for quite a while and are feeling frustrated and ignored.

I am willing to work with Quicken if they can come up with more things to try to fix the problem or send a list of all the things that should have been tried up to this point to make sure I and other users are aware of all the possible fixes and make sure we try them all.
  • mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ramona, could you repost same thing in the following thread? A few of us have been contacted by Quicken engineering and helpful to point them to one thread. Some of us have posted very specific info on when we’ve lost budgets. Perhaps somehow we can all stumble across the answer or help Quicken find problem.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7914934/budget-disappeared/p1

• PM40
    PM40 Member
    Options
    I have had this issue occur over and over (daily) since May. I have budgets going back to the year 2000 disappear. The one potential fix I have found is to restore an older backup and if the backup contains the budget, update all transactions since that backup. It is extremely frustrating and time consuming and it doesn't always work. What is being done to fix this persistent and MAJOR issue?
  • mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PM40 said:
    I have had this issue occur over and over (daily) since May. I have budgets going back to the year 2000 disappear. The one potential fix I have found is to restore an older backup and if the backup contains the budget, update all transactions since that backup. It is extremely frustrating and time consuming and it doesn't always work. What is being done to fix this persistent and MAJOR issue?

You should use the link in the post above to the primary thread discussing this issue. Quicken engineering is aware of bug (or bugs) working on this.