Running slow (Q Mac)

Paul MK
Paul MK Member
Am I the only one experiencing extremely slow processing speed on Quicken today, 01/12/22
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Paul MK said:
    Am I the only one experiencing extremely slow processing speed on Quicken today, 01/12/22
    Hello @Paul MK

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this general slowness in performance. Thank you for bringing this up with the Quicken Community. Were you noticing this with any other applications? Also, if you have the chance to stop by, let us know if you are still having this problem.

I look forward to any future communications about this.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • HalH
    HalH Member
    No you are not the only one. Since the last update Quicken has been slower to respond with spinning beachballs where I never saw them before. I keep thinking it will sort itself out but so far, no.
  • Quicken Jared
    HalH said:
    No you are not the only one. Since the last update Quicken has been slower to respond with spinning beachballs where I never saw them before. I keep thinking it will sort itself out but so far, no.
    Hey @HalH,

I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. Thank you for following up on this thread for additional support.

First, go to File > Save a Backup in the menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and running. We recommend saving backups frequently while working with Quicken, as it can be essential in preserving data. Next, go to File > Show Backups in Finder. Provided that you have been saving backups already, you should be taken to the location where these have been stored, and you should see a description that says Before Last Update. You would then select one of the files from prior to the last update, and likely the most recent. 

Try to use the app from this restored file as you normally would and observe the performance for any slowness.

I look forward to any possible updates regarding this matter.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • I am experiencing the same. Very, very slow. No problems with other apps on my Mac.
  • Quicken Jared
    I am experiencing the same. Very, very slow. No problems with other apps on my Mac.
    Hello @northwesternalum

I am sorry to hear that you are also being affected by this slowness. Thank you for getting in touch with the Quicken Community for further discussion and support.

By chance, did you see the earlier post about restoring from a backup? I was wondering if you might have attempted this already. Also, when did this issue begin?

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • I started to have this problem yesterday, almost to the point that it's now unusable. No Quicken update, no system update, it started just like that. No other application running slow and I run Final Cut and all the Adobe apps on this computer with no problem. I tried opening my file on my Mac at work – which has a different configuration from my MacBook at home – and it does the same thing, so it's obviously not related to the computer. Everytime I create a new transaction or change field, I have to wait easily 20 to 30 seconds. What the heck?
  • Hi @denisboucher,

Thank you for contacting the Community and letting us know that this error is also occurring for you.

Have you tried @ Quicken Jareds suggestion of restoring from a backup before the last update? I would recommend starting there and then letting us know what occurs. 

We look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.