Customized Net Worth Report - Category Selection?

Options
jimshu1
jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Running the latest Quicken for Windows subscription, version R37.67.

After a couple of decades of using Quicken, I finally think I'm getting too old to keep up with all of report/graph nuances I seem to be running into the last year or so... I probably have 50+ customized reports that I've run for 10-20+ years.

I've read several dozen posts/replies on this topic, so I'm going to keep my question very simple.

When I open my saved, customized Net Worth report and click on the gear Customize report and go to the Categories tab, I have a choice of selecting:

1) Include only transactions with selected categories
2) Include transactions with any category (including uncategorized)

I choose 1) above, but I select every category there is. There is nothing unselected. The report works.

I choose 2) above, and the report is all messed up. It seems like it's due to including transfers in/out of my checking and savings accounts. Are all transactions labeled "TXFR" uncategorized??? All active accounts are already included in option 1).

Under no tab, is there any option to include/exclude transfers, including the Advanced tab.

What is the difference in the category tab between 1) and 2)?

Thanks for any replies!
Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do not trust the includes all/any option on tabs of the Customize window of a report.  The feature was added relatively recently and does not reliably determine whether all the items are selected. 

To prevent Quicken from incorrectly defaulting to all/any option in a Saved report, I suggest unchecking an unhidden item for each tab.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Try it with a new Net Worth Report.  They definitely changed the Accounts, Categories, ... are selected, and I bet that doesn't take into account that the old reports might have the settings in a different order in saved reports.  It isn't the first-time changes to the reports have broken saved reports for some people.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Sherlock said:
    > Do not trust the includes all/any option on tabs of the Customize window of a report.  The feature was added relatively recently and does not reliably determine whether all the items are selected. 
    >
    > To prevent Quicken from incorrectly defaulting to all/any option in a Saved report, I suggest unchecking an unhidden item for each tab.

Yes, I've already discovered this in the "Securites" tab where the report does not pickup new, added securities unless you rotate between the two options. I appreciate that workaround given to me in this forum.

I don't know, boy it almost seems like I need to start over with these reports, given the issues the last few years. I hate to think of this, but I understand stuff changes...

Thank you for the replies!
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
This discussion has been closed.