Citibank Account Requires OTP

Options
Any time I try to download my activity for Citibank, it requires a new OTP each time. The Citibank account does have 2-Step Authentication enabled, so it's not too surprising.

However is there a way, while still leaving on 2FA, to not need a OTP in Quicken?

Is there a way to setup an app password for this account which doesn't require a OTP each time? Or is there something else that can be done to simplify this connection?

Thanks.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hello @tonnage_towboat,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, please save a backup prior to performing any troubleshooting attempts (just in case). Then, if you haven't already, could you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Set Up Now), please?

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• tonnage_towboat
    Options
    I've followed your directions and unfortunately it has not resolved the frequent requests for a OTP on account update.

I additionally tried to setup a Citi Cards account type because it's url (online.citi.com) matches my accounts longin better than Citibank (online.citibank.com) does. Both account types connect to my Citi account, but both still require a OTP.

Is there anything else I can try?
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @tonnage_towboat,

Thank you for trying the previously suggested steps, though I apologize that it did not resolve the issue.

Unfortunately, there is nothing more you can do from within your Quicken software to prevent the OTPs.

Any options for changing this will be found on the financial institution's website in your security settings. These requirements come directly from the bank and can really only be managed from that end. 

If you do find a way to prevent the OTPs, please come back and post those steps so others experiencing this know how to prevent this as well.

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.