Latest Quicken release did not fix Capital One "online balance" of $0.00

mosher0330
mosher0330 Member ✭✭
I received an email from support stating that the latest quicken release fixed the issue where Capital One accounts have a $0.00 "online balance". Please advise how to fix this, it's been ongoing for many months now.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20239321#Comment_20239321

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @mosher0330,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are still experiencing this issue after it was reportedly fixed.

Please make sure that your software is updated to the latest release R38.25. You can check by navigating to Help > Check for updates. If it does not show you are on release R38.25 and you also do not receive a prompt to update, then please download and install the R38.25 Mondo Patch through this support article.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been following this closely, but I don't think any fix to Quicken is going to change this issue.  This is a problem with the data feed from CapOne.  Either CapOne is providing incorrect information to the data aggregator (Intuit) or the data aggregator (Intuit) is reading it wrong.  Quicken just presents to you what is provided, whether it be valid or not, since having an online balance of $0 is a valid possibility.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mosher0330
    mosher0330 Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja, I have confirmed that I am running R38.25. I have disabled and re-enabled transaction download, and the online balance still shows $0.00. What’s next?
  • mosher0330
    mosher0330 Member ✭✭
    > @splasher said:
    > I haven't been following this closely, but I don't think any fix to Quicken is going to change this issue.  This is a problem with the data feed from CapOne.  Either CapOne is providing incorrect information to the data aggregator (Intuit) or the data aggregator (Intuit) is reading it wrong.  Quicken just presents to you what is provided, whether it be valid or not, since having an online balance of $0 is a valid possibility.

While I tend to agree with you, this issue has been going on since October, and quicken support has acknowledged that they are working with Capital One on a fix.
  • mosher0330
    mosher0330 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello @mosher0330,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are still experiencing this issue after it was reportedly fixed.
    >
    > Please make sure that your software is updated to the latest release R38.25. You can check by navigating to Help > Check for updates. If it does not show you are on release R38.25 and you also do not receive a prompt to update, then please download and install the R38.25 Mondo Patch through this support article.
    >
    > I hope this helps!

Anja, I also find it interesting that the fix was not called our in the Release Notes. Shouldn’t it be mentioned there?

Matthew
  • BATMOM
    BATMOM Member
    Also still experiencing $0.00 online balance from Capital One on Quicken, even after running most recent update that was supposed to fix it. Please advise.
    BatMom
  • S. Weber
    S. Weber Member ✭✭
    Me too. CapOne Online Balance and Current Balance do not show in the register, and the online balance shows as 0.00 in Reconcile.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    S. Weber said:
    Me too. CapOne Online Balance and Current Balance do not show in the register, and the online balance shows as 0.00 in Reconcile.
    If you don't have any future transactions, only the Ending Balance is shown since it would be the same as the Current Balance.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    S. Weber said:

The online balance should be showing if the account is setup for downloading transactions.
    Maybe you have your window size too small to see it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • DHaines
    DHaines Member
    This zero balance is and still continues to be an issue for the past few months. Something in one of the updates broke this. Why after all these months can no one fix this. We pay a subscription in order to get the latest updates. This is broken and needs to be fixed.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHaines said:
    … This is broken and needs to be fixed.
    It is odd that you think that this is Quicken's fault.  In other threads in the forum about this, users are complaining about a $0 online balance when doing a Web Connect .QFX file download.  Now, a .QFX file is generated SOLEY by the financial institution ( FI ), Quicken has no part in it since  the user downloads it from the FI's website and imports it into Quicken via a menu pick on the File menu.  Examination of the .QFX files contents shows the $0 online balance amount.  Now, that is BEFORE Quicken has even touched the file, so how can it be Quicken's fault?
    You need to be complaining to CapOne in this case.

This discussion has been closed.