Recording transactions between personal and business accounts

carljh
carljh Member ✭✭
I am using Home & Business and record all transactions for my wife's shop and at times have to transfer between her personal and business accounts. I want to be able to do this without affecting her profit/loss report. From looking through other posts, I know that it is not possible to add a category to transfers and that an account can only be classed as personal or business, not both. However, when viewing Cash flow in the Business tab, it lists 'Transfer to Savings' under Outflow (see attached screenshot). How do you access this category? I have tried adding tags to these transfers, but they don't show up in reports.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a report, you can exclude transfers to or from one or more accounts. 

Click on the gear to customize the report, then pick the Categories tab.
    Scroll down in the Categories list until you see the name of the account(s) you want to exclude in [square brackets] and un-check them.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • carljh
    carljh Member ✭✭
    Thanks. Jim (sorry for the delay in replying) but have been doing a lot of playing around and can't find a solution. I was hoping that someone from Support could answer my question about the Transfer to Savings shown in the screenshot that I attached to my original question. If it is shown there, surely there is a way to show any money transferred?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aussie dollars? Are you using Reckon? If so, you might want to go over to their community site.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• carljh
    carljh Member ✭✭
    No, I am using Canadian Quicken like a lot of Aussies nowadays. Reckon in Australia have not updated the program for over 10 years and support is nonexistent. The transfer over was relatively straight forward and although a few features don’t work for us, it is definitely better than what is available here.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I am using Home & Business and record all transactions for my wife's shop and at times have to transfer between her personal and business accounts. I want to be able to do this without affecting her profit/loss report."
    A "transfer" only affects two Accounts on your (collective "business and personal") balance sheet.  A transfer certainly does not affect a profit/loss report, which only shows activity in Categories. 
    It's appropriate to show the transfers between "personal" and "business" Accounts when looking at cash flows in the Business tab because those cash flows do affect the business Accounts.
This discussion has been closed.