Wells Fargo download changes transaction category of prior transanctions

Options
A couple of weeks ago the Wells Fargo download was not bringing any transactions. Then it started working again, but after every download or online sync some transactions are recategorized (transfer account changes). It happens for transactions that share the payee name and even for reconciled transactions. This is creating an issue since I have to fix prior transactions after every download/online sync to get the correct balances

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pedro P said:
    A couple of weeks ago the Wells Fargo download was not bringing any transactions. Then it started working again, but after every download or online sync some transactions are recategorized (transfer account changes). It happens for transactions that share the payee name and even for reconciled transactions. This is creating an issue since I have to fix prior transactions after every download/online sync to get the correct balances
    Hello @Pedro P,      

I am saddened to hear that you are experiencing this trouble with transactions being recategorized. Thank you so much for for choosing to speak with us here on the Quicken Community about this problem.

When you were noticing that transactions were missing or failing to download, were you trying to import them as QFX files, or was this happening during account updates? Also, are you noticing this happening across more than one Wells Fargo account?

I look forward to your responses, and hope to continue working with you on this issue, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• Pedro P
    Pedro P Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I am using quicken connect; I think it was Quicken direct before. So far it's happening on one account, where the same payee name is coming along although it's not the same when looking at the wells fargo transaction history. One is a bill pay and the other one is an ACH.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pedro P said:
    Thanks for the reply. I am using quicken connect; I think it was Quicken direct before. So far it's happening on one account, where the same payee name is coming along although it's not the same when looking at the wells fargo transaction history. One is a bill pay and the other one is an ACH.
    Hello @Pedro P

I am sorry that this issue is continuing. Thank you for continuing to check back in with me about this matter.

I do have one other question regarding the problem. Are the transactions appearing normally in the register at the moment? What do you see when you navigate to Window > Payees & Rules in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open? Are any names missing?

I look forward to your response, and I intend to continue working with you on this problem here in this discussion.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Pedro P
    Pedro P Member
    Options
    hello, I looked at the payee&rules. The name shows up and states there are 3 quickfill rules. there are no renaming rules. I don't see the original definitions I see in the bank statement. thanks again
  • Pedro P
    Pedro P Member
    Options
    I did an additional experiment after I noticed the change happening when syncing online. The change did not happen when online sync was off, and then happened again when I turned online sync on again. maybe the issue is with the online sync
  • Pedro P
    Pedro P Member
    Options
    for now, I'll disable the online sync. any way I can start with a clean file on the online sync, seems teh online sync over writing the local file
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hi @Pedro P,

Thank you for your response, I understand that this can be frustrating. We do currently have an alert open regarding syncing with the cloud as well as an alert regarding downloading transactions with Wells Fargo. I have added links to both these alerts below. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7907105/ongoing-2-8-22-sync-error-quicken-encountered-an-error-while-communicating-with-our-servers

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901894/ongoing-2-2-22-wells-fargo-update-completes-but-nothing-downloads

I advise staying up to date with these alerts as they will have the latest up-to-date information and resolutions. Once a resolution is found, you may try downloading your transactions again and using the online sync function. 

Please let us know if the problem persists after these alerts have been resolved. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.