Where are the 40% deals mailed out yesterday and the 50% deals on2/3/22??

I have 2 emails with discount offers. One on the 3rd, the other one the 4th. I have pictures of it when I was on my phone. I assumed it was for all customers. Maybe just news ones. Premiere was offered at about $40. When I log on it's $79.99. Not happening :# .
Tagged:

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm betting that all these deals are for "new users only", that has been the case in the past.

Office Depot does have Premier for $47.  (Watch out for not to get the new user copy there too).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dailyestates
    dailyestates Member ✭✭
    It appears so. Most corporation have done away with that. I've used Quicken for over decade. I used to have 7 rental houses, but now it's just me and all I am using starter version now, but it disabled a lot of features I was using. I don't have to. Not at $80. I have 3 months left anyway, I will call them and ask them, by being a loyal customer forever, could I get mini discount. Since I am now retired. First 17 years in the music business. Last 29 years in Information Technology. Last stop was the best. NASA\JSC. Now I am just a Bit coiner, "Class of 2013."
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth the deluxe version isn't crippled like the starter version and probably has all every feature you need.  And at office Depot I think it was just like 32 bucks.
    Signature:
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    … I am using starter version now, but it disabled a lot of features I was using. … by being a loyal customer forever, could I get mini discount. …

Good luck with that.  Quicken probably does not consider anyone using Starter is a "loyal", long time user.  Let us know if you are successful.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• dailyestates
    dailyestates Member ✭✭
    Loyal customer? I’ve been with them longer than you have a bet had. I had 7 rent houses at one time, for a decade. I’v hatl package are used to medium package of Eric package I don’t have all those houses anymore so I don’t need it so when you say loyal other more. I or less him that I have been to all these companie
  • dailyestates
    dailyestates Member ✭✭
    > @splasher said:
    > Good luck with that.  Quicken probably does not consider anyone using Starter is a "loyal", long time user.  Let us know if you are successful.
    What I meant was, loyal customer? . I've have used their best and their. I use starter, because it's all I need. You won't find many like me that have used it for a decade. I was loyal to AT&T for 13 years. I'm and cutting them off. The 24 Hour fitness, who I was with since they built this gym, 4 of their employees hung op on me. So I drove over and made the give names of everyone that hung up one me. I cancelled my membership. I was with a bank for 40 years and I am dumping them too . That's a loyal person. If they consider me a loyal customer, I will dump the next. ⚡🐝 @Dailyestates #Bitcoin
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @dailyestates A significant percentage of the Quicken user base has used Quicken for a decade or more, and many have used it for two decades or more. They don't have their pricing set up to "reward" long-time customers — which would mean charging new customers more. Think about it: if they gave you a discount for being a long-time, loyal customer, they'd be giving a substantial portion of their user base a discount. Since moving to the subscription pricing, they have been driving discounts out of the sales channels, such that there are basically two tiers: a discount price for first-time, new users, to try to grow their user base, and a single renewal price for everyone else.

They could do like some products and create a higher "fake" retail price and then offer discounts to new customers, renewing customers… basically everyone. Would that really make you feel more appreciated as a longtime customer? Instead they just have a price for their service, and don't offer discounts. If the price is worth it for the service you get using their software, you pay; if you decide it's not worth the price you pay, and you can find something that suits your needs for a lower price, then you move on. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @splasher said:
    > Good luck with that.  Quicken probably does not consider anyone using Starter is a "loyal", long time user.  Let us know if you are successful.
    What I meant was, loyal customer? . I've have used their best and their. I use starter, because it's all I need. You won't find many like me that have used it for a decade. I was loyal to AT&T for 13 years. I'm and cutting them off. The 24 Hour fitness, who I was with since they built this gym, 4 of their employees hung op on me. So I drove over and made the give names of everyone that hung up one me. I cancelled my membership. I was with a bank for 40 years and I am dumping them too . That's a loyal person. If they consider me a loyal customer, I will dump the next. ⚡🐝 @Dailyestates #Bitcoin
    You don't seem to be having any luck with convincing these companies that being a loyal customer should be rewarded.  Like @splasher I think you will find that Quicken Inc is no different in this regard.  To my knowledge no one has ever got a "loyalty discount" from Quicken Inc or Intuit before them, and that is even before one drops to their lowest priced edition.

The only thing that has come close to that is they use to give discounts for you to buy the new year version when you only had to do it every 3 years to keep the online service.  Not really "loyalty discount for long time users" more of a "how can we get them to give us more money than every three years.

It is interesting that you think 10 years is a lot for a Quicken user.  My impression might be "slanted" posting on Quicken forums since 2006 and using Quicken since 1992 (with a break of a couple of years), but I might even rank 10 years as a "newbee", that barely gets to the point of a version that didn't have a Quicken Id/Intuit Id.  It is sort of like when a newer person would post about how long their Unix machine had been up, say some number of months.  And people would laugh because there were Unix servers that had be up for decades.  One thing I have learned posting is not to assume that one is new to Quicken even if they ask a question that seems like a new user question to me.  Many Quicken users have got very upset when anyone suggested that they are new to Quicken when they have been using it for a very long time.
    Signature:
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps Quicken Inc needs to rethink their email format so users who miss reading the fine print are not misled.

But even if the new-user-only info was in as large a font as the discount is, I would still find it annoying that Quicken would send me a discount email where I don't qualify for the discount. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mshiggins But everyone qualifies for the new user discount if they create a new Quicken Id for every new purchase.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    splasher said:
    @mshiggins But everyone qualifies for the new user discount if they create a new Quicken Id for every new purchase.
    Only if your email provider allows to you create new email addresses. Some, like Google, allow you to create infinite addresses which are aliases of your main address; some don't let you create alternate  addresses without creating a new email account. And beware that you then have to transfer your Quicken file(s) to the new Quicken ID, and all future Quicken marketing email will come to you in duplicate or triplicate or…
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jacobs said:
    … And beware that you then have to transfer your Quicken file(s) to the new Quicken ID, and all future Quicken marketing email will come to you in duplicate or triplicate or…
    Been there, done that.  Beta testing netted me 5 or 6 registered emails due to the necessity of needing multiple QIDs for some of the testing.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    A few hints.

1. The settings in the Quicken account will allow you to set your email address to a non existing one (doesn’t force verifying it).  That means when you are done with a given Quicken Id, just change it to a none existing email and you will not be bothered again.  Note the the name and address can be non existing too as long as it is “formatted” like an exiting address.
    2. Before I was toggling between two Quicken IDs, and it seem to work, but I think they have stopped the “after 30 days it is new”, so I guess you will have to just consume some of their Quicken IDs.
    3. Before you abandon a Quicken Id make sure you have an empty data file connected to that is set to sync to Mobile/Web, so that you can go in to the Preferences and blow away the Quicken cloud dataset from the first data file.
    4. Since the Quicken cloud data set holds information for features like the Quicken Bill Manager if one is using that feature they probably don’t want to do this.  Also I don’t think it would be a good idea to use the Credit Score feature.  There isn’t any way to “disconnect” that one.

Signature:
This discussion has been closed.