CC-501 error when I try to download transactions from my CapitalOne Credit Card

Options
Dan81
Dan81 Member ✭✭
I've been getting this error for 5 days now. It always says to wait a day and try again, and I still get the same results. It even asked me to verify my login, which I do. I enter my ID & password, clock authorize, and it always returns the same error CC-501. I even get an email from CapitalOne saying I linked my card to quicken; however Quicken for Windows still gives me a CC-501 error. What can I do to resolve this?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hello @Dan81,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that we have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for any and all updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Dan81
    Dan81 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The link to the community alert just said:
    "Our teams are still working to resolve this issue, though we do not have ETA available. We thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience."

It did not give me a resolution to the problem, or even an idea of who was working on the problem.\, and when someone would get back to me.
    So I called the Quicken support number. They asked me to re-setup the downloads using a different selection for the Capital One credit card services, and that fixed the problem.
  • Dan81
    Dan81 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The re-setup of downloads worked - but only one time. When I try downloading again the next time, it fails with the CC-501 error again
  • Dan81
    Dan81 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Now the downloads are working, but they include transactions that have previously been downloaded. I accept the one that make sense, and delete the duplicates. That seemed to work until I exited the download screen, and then it changed by outstanding credit card balance to several hundred dollars more that the real balance. I had to restore my data file to get back to the correct, pre-download credit card balance. Do you have any idea how I can fix this?
This discussion has been closed.