Where Have Investment Transactions Gone??

rraisley
rraisley Member ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Until the last update (maybe a week ago), clicking on an investment account in the left account list showed all the transactions which occurred in that account to the right. And you could check them, change & delete, etc. Now, clicking on an Investment account in the left account list shows four "windows" to the right: Total Value, Portfolio by Security, Top Movers & Value over Time. Not that I mind these, but where the heck is the history of all my transactions??

In a similar manner, any investment transactions, like other transactions, always appeared in a list at the bottom, where you could enter them, etc., before they appeared in the history. But now when I first updated the program and did an update of transactions, I heard the "cash register" sound multiple times, like it was entering transactions without my approval or seeing them, which it's never done. So I have, for example, the cash amount of an account change from one day to the next, without ever having seen a transaction of what it is all about. What's going on here? Is it related to the above?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I suspect you have Simple Investing enabled.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Investment+transactions+preferences
  • rraisley
    rraisley Member ✭✭
    Right you are, Sherlock! I never selected it, but when changed, it goes back to showing transactions. So, with simple investing, transactions are automatically entered as well?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    rraisley said:
    Right you are, Sherlock! I never selected it, but when changed, it goes back to showing transactions. So, with simple investing, transactions are automatically entered as well?
    No.   
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    With simple investing Quicken enters transactions that keep the number of shares of your securities and the cash amount up to date, but not actually transactions that you get in the complete mode, like buys and sells (it will enter add shares, remove shares, ...).  This is hidden until you change back to complete mode.  As such if you want to track things like the cost basis you don't want to stay in simple mode because you will be missing the right transactions from your downloads.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.