Discover Card OL-295-A error One Step Update 2/14/2022

Ron Czapala
Ron Czapala Member ✭✭✭
Is anyone else experiencing this issue today?
Been getting it since early this morning and tried a few times since...

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else experiencing this issue today?
    Been getting it since early this morning and tried a few times since...
    Hello @Ron Czapala

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this error message. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community in order to bring this matter to our attention.

What version of Quicken are you using? Also, are you using any new FireWall settings or pop-up blockers? It may also be necessary to update your Internet Security Settings. You can do this by following the steps listed below:
    1. Click the Start button and select the Control Panel.
    • In Windows 10, the Control Panel is located in the Windows System folder in the Start menu.

Error When Using Online Services OL-295 OL-296 OL-297 or Unable to Establish an Internet Connection

1. Select Network and Internet, then Internet Options
    2. Go to the Advanced tab.
    3. Scroll down to the Security Section.
    4. Verify TLS 1.2 is checked.
      • If it is not, check it. 
      • If it is already checked, continue to the If the issue persists section below. 
    5. Click Apply then OK.
    6. Try your update in Quicken again.
    I hope this is helpful, and I intend to work with you on this problem in the future, if necessary, here in this thread.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Ron Czapala
    Ron Czapala Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I am using Quicken Deluxe release R38.29 and TLS 1.2.
    I update every day and my PNC and Schwab accts are working. Discover card worked yesterday.

I just ran the update again and got a weird transaction downloaded from Discover dated 1/26/2022 for $0.00 and the payee is "See Details of your next DirectP". Freaking strange :tired_face:
    (1/26/2022 was the date of my last direct auto payment from my checking acct.)

At least the update is not returning an error.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Ron Czapala,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a follow-up response yet.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the troubleshooting instructions found in this support article under the section titled "If the issue persists".

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.