New ALERT - new Quicken support for Pending transactions

Ps56k2
Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
Just received this alert screen when I started Quicken today - R37.37 -
Went and looked at the Support Website for the Release Notes for R38.30 -
and found no mention of this new feature listed.....
Certainly would be helpful to get all the participants at the same table -
- Quicken software Alert screen
- Release Notes or updated version with new feature listed
- Forum Alert with mention of alerting screen

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.  First, I'm seeing of this (I'm already on R38.30), but that alert is "worrisome".

As if they don't have enough problems already, they are going to start allowing downloading of pending transactions?

Sounds like a recipe for trouble.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    CapOne credit cards are already doing this with Web Connect downloads.  The website shows them as "pending", but they will include them in the download.  Transactions from restaurants with tips don't download until the tip is included, but as soon as the tip is included, it will download "pending" or not.
    I see the automatic downloading of any pending transaction as a big mistake seeing how well the QCA handles merging data from the desktop and the QCA FI downloads. 
    Hasn't Quicken learned their lesson yet?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• wenglish
    wenglish Member ✭✭
    Please tell me this will be optional and disabled by default.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, very worrison....  

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm continuing to download my transactions manually by using the standard old "Web Connect" method, hoping I can side step any issues if I possible.  BE SURE YOU DO A COUPLE OF BACKUPS OF DIFFERENT KINDS TO DIFFERENT SOURCES everyone (external HDD,SDD, USB) JUST IN CASE YOU NEED IT! It may just save your chaps later!
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    @TTSguy...   Good point... saved my backups to 2 computers, 2 external drives, and will be saving same to Network drive after testing a test file on the Network Drive...

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    @retird
     You seem to have backing up covered, but are any of them kept off-site?  A tornado, flood or fire can wipe out everything in your home.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    @splasher
    How about also monthly total Image backups of both computers on separate external SSD drives easily stored in large, heavy, fireproof for hours, and water resistant high quality safe in a safe room. Does that work? 

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like it.  I take my monthly system image backups (2 sets) and rotate them in and out of the bank's safe deposit box.

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I would NOT be a fan of downloading pending transactions. That would really be confusing trying to match ever changing amounts. Hopefully will be OFF by default. 
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    @miklk...I'm with you... hope it will be off by default...  or even better my bank won't be involved...

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to see pending transactions either. But if they do appear, the account balance has to include them in its summation.
    Many years ago, B of A started downloading the balance including pending transactions, but did not send the transactions also. So there was always a mismatch. Fortunately, the bank listened to reason and reverted to sending only the fully cleared balance.
    I have personally never seen the alert shown in post #1. I wonder whether it only appears when certain FIs are involved.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    When are we going to get information on this NEW FEATURE... 

How do we turn this new feature off...

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    retird said:
    When are we going to get information on this NEW FEATURE... 

How do we turn this new feature off...
    If history replays itself.  The first we will know about it is when it pops up in some release.  Usually by the fact that it causes problems for some people.  I wouldn't expect a nice clean announcement from Quicken Inc.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    @Chris_QPW

Monitoring what may be an issue...  I set up a new Account yesterday at a Financial Institution my 95 year old mom uses and downloaded the last 88 days of transactions.  It looks like 2 transactions aren't posted yet yesterday(pending) according to her bank online account but in Quicken it shows those two as "cleared" thus making the account balance incorrect as opposed to the available balance. The "Cleared" column has no new identifier for "Pending".

Without knowing how this new feature is supposed to work in Quicken it is hard to tell if this is an issue.  Today those two "pending" transactions posted and in Quicken the totals match today with no new transactions downloaded.

Deleted account and then set it up again so I csn see what happens with the next "Pending" transactions... Will monitor...

• cmarshall52
    cmarshall52 Member ✭✭
    I just downloaded credit card transactions from Citibank and a number of pending transactions were included and marked as "cleared" in the Quicken register. As a result I had to "unclear" them to do a reconciliation. Several of them were restaurant transactions which don't yet include the tip. I haven't seen this before. If this is a new feature it is a terrible idea! At the very least they should have some indication that they are pending on the CC site and should not be automatically marked as "cleared".
This discussion has been closed.