Schwab Account - "Login is temporarily unavailable"

naples98
naples98 Member ✭✭
When I try to connect my Schwab account, I get a "Login is temporarily unavailable" but this is after I have logged in and accepted the consent statement. I am unable to download from my Schwab account.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi @naples98,

Thank you for contacting the Community. I am sorry that you are experiencing this error.

In order to further assist you, I require more information. By 'connect' do you mean to set up your Schwab account with Quicken? Or is Quicken asking you for your Charles Schwab account information again? What connection method are you using with your Charles Schwab account (Quicken, Direct, Express)?

I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• cypher
    cypher Member
    I have been seeing the same exact issue with Schwab via TurboTax 2021 since last Thursday, so I am guessing this is on the Schwab side. I called Schwab and they said both "it should work fine" and "we're working on the problem". Those can't really be true at the same time. We're in the fog of confusion right now. Keep calling/pressing imo. Needs more visibility.
  • naples98
    naples98 Member ✭✭
    @"Quicken Jasmine" I have disconnected my Schwab account and I am now trying to connect the account so I can download transaction. I don't get a choice on the connection method so I don't know if it is Quicken, Direct, or Express.
  • Hi @naples98,

Thank you for your response. It looks like Charles Schwab only offers Quicken Connect as the connection method. It is great to hear that you are trying to disconnect and reconnect the account. 

Please let me know how that works out so we may continue troubleshooting if needed. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• naples98
    naples98 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Jasmine still not working. I haven't been able to get Quicken to download from Schwab since the "Update Connection" started.
  • Hi @naples98,

Thank you for your response, I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this error. 

Do you have a firewall or any type of antivirus software set up on your Mac?

I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• naples98
    naples98 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Jasmine I do not have a firewall or AV software configured on my Mac. All my other accounts connect/download fine so this is not the issue.
  • Hi @naples98,

Thank you for your response. 

Could you please create a test file and add your Charles Schwab account to see if the same error occurs? You can do this by going to File>New>Start from Scratch

Please let me know what occurs, I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• naples98
    naples98 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Jasmine I get the same error after creating a test file.
  • Hi @naples98,

Thank you for your response and for trying some troubleshooting steps with me. 

Due to this error still occurring after creating a test file, I recommend that you call Quicken's customer support line and have them escalate this issue and help you work towards a resolution in real-time. 

The Quicken Support phone number is 650-250-1900. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Have a great day and I am sorry for any inconveniences that this may or has already caused. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• naples98
    naples98 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Jasmine been on chat with support for multiple hours and dealing with multiple teams. They don't have any answers yet.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @naples98,

Thank you for your response, I do hope that Support was able to help you come to a resolution. Support is needed to help you resolve this as they needed to escalate the situation which is hard to do over the Community. It is easier to be in real-time on the phone with them so they are able to screen share if needed and can do everything on the spot. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.