How do I change the Splits for all instances of a repeating transaction?

Last year I created an Income Reminder for my monthly Social Security deposit. The category field has 2 splits -- My gross deposit and the deduction for Medicare.

In 2022 the amounts changed so I tried to update the reminder with the new values. On the “Bills and Income Reminders screen I selected the reminder, clicked Edit then ”Edit this instance and all future instances”.

That brings up the “Edit Income Reminder screen”. In the Category line in the Details box, I can click on “Split”. In that screen the Category is is set to --Split-- but it’s grayed out. I can’t change it.

If I go back to the Bills and Income Reminders screen and double click on the reminder, it will let me change the splits, but only for that instance.

How do I change the Splits for all instances of a repeating transaction?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Click on the grayed out double headed arrow icon:

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Click on the grayed out double headed arrow icon:
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The process you mentioned is the correct one.  It should have allowed you to edit the split amounts.
    Have you tried closing Quicken and reopening it, again?  If that doesn't work, you might want to reboot your PC.  I've seen others posting similar issues (i.e., can't edit reminders or can't edit transactions) who reported that closing/reopening Quicken or rebooting their system resolved the issue for them.  Maybe it will help you, too.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Thanks Sherlock. Who'd've thunk to click on a grayed out icon?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Sherlock. Who'd've thunk to click on a grayed out icon?
    The developers are testing our tenacity.
This discussion has been closed.