Keep getting "You have changed the last transaction you were viewing. Save it now?"

PopPop57
PopPop57 Member ✭✭
When I Exit Quicken Windows or perform a Backup, I keep getting the "You have changed the last transaction you were viewing. Save it now?" message. I know for a fact I did not modify the transaction that is selected when the message is displayed. Sometimes it refers to multiple transactions. Recently I changed from one account to another in the registers and clicked on the backup option and it displayed the message, pointing at a transaction in the current account. I haven't figured out how to consistently display the message. I reached out to Quicken Support and they had me run data Validation, but it did not help. I rely on quicken to let me know when I modified something (maybe by accident) and didn't save it. [Removed-Disruptive] I've been using Quicken for 14 years now and this is a fairly recent issue. I'm using release R38.30.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @PopPop57,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since you mentioned that having tried file validation was unsuccessful in resolving this for you, I suggest that you please try super validating your data file next. 

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.