Incorrect Values in Report [Edited]

Options
Lester Carey
Lester Carey Member
edited March 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I am doing business schedule c report and have several items under business expenses showing payment amounts as a positive number, when they are clearly payments. What is causing that. Is there something I can do to have them correctly listed as expenses
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Lester Carey,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

When looking at these items in the register rather than in the report, do they show the correct negative expense value?

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am doing business schedule c report and have several items under business expenses showing payment amounts as a positive number, when they are clearly payments. What is causing that. Is there something I can do to have them correctly listed as expenses
    Could those items be related to refunds or credits you received?
    Without seeing the transactions and knowing the background to these transactions I can only guess ...

• Lester Carey
    Options
    I have had only 1 or 2 credits or refunds, the report shows several items as income. Here is a bit more information I run the schedule C report for 2019 and it came out correct.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have had only 1 or 2 credits or refunds, the report shows several items as income. Here is a bit more information I run the schedule C report for 2019 and it came out correct.
    And what are the dates for those questionable transactions? 2020? 2021? Other?
    Can you show us an image snapshot of your Schedule C report showing those transactions?
    What's the history on those transactions? How were they created? In what account register?

• Lester Carey
    Options
    The dates for the incorrect items are 2020, have not run the report for 2021, will when I get back to the office. I can send the image of the report also when I get back to office.

Thanks,
    Lester
This discussion has been closed.