How can I add my Fidelity Investments Checking account to Quicken as a Banking Account

Options
2»

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2022
    Options
    NotACPA said:
    I think you almost just proved my point.  Had you disputed the bill when you first received it, things would have been MUCH easier.
    Autopay is irrelevant to your issue.
    I did exactly that. I got home from work, opened my mail & saw the erroneous fee on my cell phone bill, and was on the phone to customer service that same evening. 

I did not receive the credit card statement showing that the incorrect amount had been charged to my card until a couple weeks later.

If that happened today, I'd be faster to pick up on the erroneous credit card charge since I'd see it as soon as it posted to the credit card. But at the time, while I was using Quicken Mac I was not downloading transactions from the credit card company into Quicken - I don't remember why. IIRC, this was back in early 2004. Even so, I don't think it would have helped, at that point the damage had already been done, they had my money.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a great side benefit of Quicken! We run OSU daily and find fraudulent charges within a day or two, rather than waiting for the next statement. We report it immediately, preventing the fraudster from racking up more charges. This happened to us a couple of months ago. Mrs. Squirrel's credit card was somehow compromised, and the fraudster apparently used it to buy some Xmas banquet meals.  :#

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I set up my card accounts to send me an IM whenever a charge is made. If somebody else starts charging to my account I'll know about it within minutes. I actually did catch fraudulent activity that way once & was able to notify the CC company faster than they were able to figure it out themselves.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My now late wife lost her credit card some years ago.  I was on the road, but had Q with me on a laptop ... and when a charge for 1 night from a local hotel came in via OSU I called home to find out what happened.
    She fessed up to losing the card and I called the bank to report it stolen and the fraudulent charge.
    The bank reversed the charge, immediately, but they also noticed that there was an authorization for a 2nd night at the same hotel.
    I imagine that there were some VERY surprised thieves when the police arrested them upon check-in for the 2nd night.
    Couldn't have happened without OSU.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For fraudulent charges it has been about half and half for me.  Half detected by the credit card company itself and half by me.  Downloading transactions every day has been very useful.

But these days as @Jon's example points out there are other ways too.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.