Upgraded to R38.30 and gets N/A for accounts and transactions

I read other articles about restoring file or validating the file - attempted both but Quicken kept on crashing on me.

I tried to rename the N/A to new name - it works but it returns to N/A when reopening the file.

Help?

Answers

  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rrbaker15

    Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To clarify, is this occurring with all of your accounts or only certain ones? Also could you please let us know where your main/active file is located? 

    If you are unsure you may check by selecting File >Show this file on my computer. 

    -Quicken Paloma
  • rrbaker15
    rrbaker15 Member ✭✭
    @quicken paloma - it's only certain ones. the files are located in my documents.

    I decided to uninstall Quicken with CCleaner, reinstalled Quicken - same issue. Uninstalled again and reinstalled older version of Quicken (without updates), Validate finally worked leaving only one N/A but it removed most of transactions from 2020 to present.

    I attempted to restore from backups, no luck.

    Help?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @rrbaker15,

    Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

    Since you mentioned that having tried file validation was unsuccessful in resolving this for you, I suggest that you please try super validating your data file next. 

    Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

    I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • rrbaker15
    rrbaker15 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja thanks for the tip and it still crashed on me. Any other tips?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for following up, though I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists.

    Next, I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.

    If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.





    However, it's important to know that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID which can eliminate certain data file issues that may not always be detected through validating or super validating in the original file.

    I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • rrbaker15
    rrbaker15 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja thank you for the tips as none worked, I was able to restore from my backup from October and exported/imported transactions from the corrupted file into new restored file - was able to validate and restore from the latest backup - am now doing some data clean up.
This discussion has been closed.