Quicken did not back up to my USB -

Options
JudyN
JudyN Member
I have been backing up my Quicken to a USB (it is about half full) forever. My last backup was on 2/23/22. Today, when I went to back-up, everything worked as usual, but I pretty quickly received a pop up message that it did not back up (versus the usual backed up successfully message). Because it didn't give me a reason, I do not know what to do next, so I'm asking that question here. What do I do next?
Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, the 1st thing that I'd try is another backup.
    The 2nd would be a backup to a different USB.
    A failure to backup COULD indicate a corrupted Q data file ... but let's try these easier measures first.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• JudyN
    JudyN Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, it didn't work on the new USB either. I had already tried more than once to the regular USB. I did find an issue with one of my accounts, and I closed that account and then opened a new account to start from a later point in time. Perhaps I ended up with an issue because of that? Is there a way to check to see if there are corrupted entries if there is such a thing?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JudyN said:
    Unfortunately, it didn't work on the new USB either. I had already tried more than once to the regular USB. I did find an issue with one of my accounts, and I closed that account and then opened a new account to start from a later point in time. Perhaps I ended up with an issue because of that? Is there a way to check to see if there are corrupted entries if there is such a thing?
    If you haven't already, I suggest you try saving the Quicken file backup to a folder on the internal drive.  If successful, you may use Windows File Explorer to move the file to the USB drive.  Otherwise, you may want to review: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Troubleshoot+a+damaged+Quicken+data+file
  • JudyN
    JudyN Member
    Options
    I was able to validate the file. There were no actions required on the notepad. Then I was able to perform a successful backup as usual. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.