Merrill Edge accounts are now simple only
edited April 2022 in Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)
My Merrill Edge accounts used to download detailed transactions until the end of the year. Now, when I connect they say my financial institution only does simple transactions. Anyone else seeing this? I know there were issues around Feb 1, and my issues started just before that, but they are not solved. The other posts say their issues were solved. Thanks!
Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue.
First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you currently have running?
- Quicken > About Quicken
- Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
- Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
- Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
- Click on the Downloads tab
- Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
- Quit Quicken
- Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
- On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords
- Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
- Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
- Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated
- At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
- Wait for the list to finish updating and " Updated: " displays the current date.
- Click the Show List button to continue
- Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
- Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
- If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
Quicken Jasmine-Quicken Jasmine0
I followed all steps. When I created the new account and entered my credentials, I was presented with my three accounts so the login was successful (just like it was before). I tried setting up a new account for one of them, and I was still presented with something like your Financial Institution only supports simple tracking. How do I find out if something changed with Merrill Edge? I've had detailed transactions for years. Thanks for the help.
Quicken Deluxe for Mac
Version 6.6.0 (Build 606.43140.100)
Thank you for your thorough response.
Unfortunately, the type of tracking that is available for an account or an investment has to be provided by the banking institution, itself. I recommend reaching out to Merrill Edge's support line for additional details and recommendations concerning whether or not detailed tracking is being offered, and what the instance necessary for the detailed tracking feature might be if it is available. I do recommend requesting to speak to a Tier 2 agent or an escalations team, as these agents may be more familiar with third-party software like Quicken.
I hope this is helpful, and feel free to reach out to the Quicken Community with any further questions or concerns.
I called Merrill today. They said "call Quicken, we don't support their product". I advised they said call Merrill. The agent had no idea what Quicken was, he was just doing what his escalation manager said. He did point me to how to download Quicken import files manually from the website. Login, go to "Activity" page. Select your account from the pull own. Click "Export All Activity" in the top right corner. Select "Download More Data" from the pull down. Then, on that page, you can select the "Quicken" radio button and get an OFX file. When you open that OFX file, you can import as "Detailed Transactions".0
Thank you for your thorough response. I apologize that I could not be of more assistance in this resolution. However, I am pleased to hear that you were able to speak with someone who could walk you through being able to download detailed transactions.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.-Quicken Jasmine0
What type of account do you have @ML? Is it a brokerage account, or perhaps a company 401(k) or similar account?
Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version
- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - -
- If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you. -0
I have brokerage, traditional IRA, and Roth IRA. All had been download detailed transactions until the end of last year. Now, what I realized today is I don't have any transactions since Jan/Feb to even download, but the setup process in Quicken won't let me pick Detailed, it only lets me pick Simple. So I planned on waiting a month or two until I see actual transactions online... and then try again to figure it out.0
This discussion has been closed.