This time all my checking account balances are wrong. What is going on with Quicken?

Options
Mardi
Mardi Member
Last week I reconciled everything and it was all in tiptop shape. This week all checking accounts have incorrect balances. It also looks like the discrepancies happened years ago. I noticed that a lot of people are having this problem. I do not have the skills to figure out how to fix this and there is no-one available to help on the Quicken end. Remind me why we pay for a subscription. After all these years it looks like the old ledger ends up being the more accurate and time efficient. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hello @Mardi,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue and I understand that it can be frustrating. 

What are the Financial Institutions that these discrepancies are occurring with? What do you mean by it looks like the discrepancies happened years ago? 

The first thing that I would suggest is restoring from a backup before these errors occurred, which it sounds as though they did last week so the backup you are restoring should be fairly recent. Here are some instructions on how to restore from a backup: FIRST, SAVE A BACKUP, just to be safe. 
    1. In Quicken, select File > Restore from Backup...
    2. Browse your computer or external media to find the backup file you want to restore. The Quicken backup file has the extension .quicken2017backup or .quickenbackup.
    3. Select the file to restore.
    4. Click Choose
    I have also included a link that discusses restoring from backups in more detail:

https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.