Merrill Lynch downloads
edited April 2022 in Download, Add/Update Accounts (Mac)
About a month ago, the linked accounts I had with Merrill Lynch suddenly stopped downloading transactions. I deleted and re-entered the information several times over the past few weeks, with varying versions of Quicken for Mac. I hoped my patience would pay off when the next software update magically fixed everything. I just installed Quicken 6.6 and get the same results. In fact, the error message tells me that Merrill Lynch does not support Detailed Tracking and offers me the Simple Tracking instead. Is anyone else having these issues? Any advice on what I might try or do differently? Thank you in advance.
Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue.
To start with, I suggest deactivating the account(s) experiencing this error, removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reactivating the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
- Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
- Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
- Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
- Click on the Downloads tab
- Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
- Quit Quicken
- Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
- On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords
- Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
- Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
- Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated
- At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
- Wait for the list to finish updating and " Updated: " displays the current date.
- Click the Show List button to continue
- Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
- Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
- If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
I hope you find this to be of use, please let me know how those troubleshooting steps go.
Thank you, Jasmine. This brought back the syncing. I'm guessing my issue was trying to edit the existing account instead of adding it like it was new and then merging. Did the trick, much appreciated.1
Thank you for your response! I am so happy to hear that your Merrill Lynch accounts are back in action and that those troubleshooting steps resolved the problem!
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.
This discussion has been closed.