BofA password issue

SteveN
SteveN Member ✭✭
After installing the latest Quicken update over the weekend, I was unable to access my Bank of America account via Quicken. I don't know if this issue arose due to the update or if something is going on on Bank of America's end. Very frustrating to say the least since I can't pay bills via Quicken right now.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @SteveN

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue and I absolutely understand how frustrating it can be. 

To start with, I suggest deactivating the account(s) experiencing this error, removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reactivating the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
    1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
    After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.
    1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated 
    10. At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
    11. Wait for the list to finish updating and Updated: " displays the current date.
    12. Click the Show List button to continue
    13. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    14. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    15. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
    Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• SteveN
    SteveN Member ✭✭
    I'm online with BofA now. They've inadvertently removed the user name that Quicken used to access my account via Direct Connect. Since they no longer support Direct Connect my ability to use that way of accessing my BofA data may be gone for good. That would frankly be a disaster and I think really complicate my ability to use Quicken with BofA for bill paying and banking.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @SteveN

Thank you for the response.

On your Quicken, go to Add Account>Checking (or whichever type of account it is), then look up Bank of America and click the result once so it is highlighted, then choose Options located in the bottom right-hand corner, from there you should be able to choose which connection method you would like and none of them should be greyed out. 

Please let me know if you can see this, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.