Last downloaded filter & Vanguard

Options
pat_n
pat_n Member
Trying to filter accounts by Last download filter - broken for about the last month Quicken support suggested going to a backup - which i did - requiring 2 hours of resetting things. The filter is now broken again. [Version 6.6.1 (Build 606.43210.100)]

Combine this with Vanguard not downloading transactions anymore + all my history in vanguard has disappeared - No amount of different connection types or imports has made the transactions re-appear.

Makes me wonder what has happened to Quicken ...

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @pat_n,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry you are experiencing this error with the download filter and with Vanguard transactions. 

I know that you have already restored from a backup but that would be the best troubleshooting steps to attempt to fix both of these issues. You can either simply restore from a backup or you can restore via Time Machine if that is something that you have set up on your Mac. I have included the instructions for both below. 

Time Machine Instructions:

Time machine does work if you have it enabled, and you will want to navigate to the location where these files would normally be saved before entering the time machine.

By default, Quicken data and backup files get saved in the hidden library. You can access that by opening Finder > Hold "Option" on your keyboard and click on the "Go" menu at the top of your screen > Select "Library" in the dropdown while holding still holding "Option".

Once the library opens you can let go of the "Option" key and open the folder called "Application Support", then open the folder called "Quicken". In this folder, you should have 4 different folders-- Backups, Documents, Downloads, and Logs or Log Files. You can either enter time machine once you open the Quicken folder or you can go into Backups or Documents and then enter the time machine. Backups (of course) is where all backup and automatic backup files get saved and Documents is where the master data files get saved.

Normal Restore from Backup Instructions:
    1. In Quicken, select File > Restore from Backup...
    2. Browse your computer or external media to find the backup file you want to restore. The Quicken backup file has the extension .quicken2017backup or .quickenbackup.
    3. Select the file to restore.
    4. Click Choose.
    I have also included a link to a support article that discusses saving and restoring from backups in more depth: 

https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• pat_n
    pat_n Member
    Options
    so I have restored from a 3 day old backup ... and now have my filter and vanguard back again but i don't feel confident that it will continue to work.

what is it that is corrupting the data? is that I updated the Quicken software? Is the Apple card upload the issue (as it seems it maybe related when I upload the Apple card data) ?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @pat_n,

Thank you for your response. I am happy to hear that restoring from a backup has resolved the error with your Vanguard transactions and your download filter. 

Unfortunately, we cannot know for sure what caused the errors to occur within your main file without reviewing your logs and trying to locate the issue. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns, or if the error occurs again. 
    Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.