Recent Investment Connection via Truist to NFS downloads ?

Options
KenHampson
KenHampson Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Investing (Windows)
The downloads from National Finance Services result in simple investment data in
spite of being disabled in preferences. The download does not provide security name or correct action. Action contains the word Deposit not the income. how can this be fixed?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Did you confirm that your preferences for Simple Investing are still disabled?  There is a known issue where the global preference (Edit > Preferences > Investment Transactions) is set to not enable Simple Investing but it will apparently at random switch to enable Simple Investing and then none or some or all investment accounts will also get switched to Simple Investing.
    For me this issue happens every 6-12 sessions.  I am now checking my preferences and investment accounts after opening the data file, before running OSU, after running OSU and before closing the session.  If I see that the global preference has changed but not the account preference, then I correct the global preference and proceed in the session.  But if I see the account itself has changed to Simple Investing I will close the session and restore the last back up file because of the risk that transactions data will be missing.
    What a couple of people have said seems to resolve the issue for them is to leave the global preference set to enable Simple Investing but make sure the account setting is set to Complete Investing.  I have set up a couple of test files to see if I can duplicate their results but not enough time has passed to be able to confirm anything.
    The biggest issue in my mind is that downloading into an account while it is in Simple will result in transaction details not being downloaded...only securities, shares held, values and cash balance will get downloaded.  Switching back to Complete Investing will not restore the missing transaction details.  The only ways to get that missing transactions detail back into the register is to manually enter it or to restore a recent backup file that does not have Simple Investing turned on and run OSU, again.
    Quicken has been informed of this issue but I do not know what they might be doing to fix it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Did you confirm that your preferences for Simple Investing are still disabled?  There is a known issue where the global preference (Edit > Preferences > Investment Transactions) is set to not enable Simple Investing but it will apparently at random switch to enable Simple Investing and then none or some or all investment accounts will also get switched to Simple Investing.
    For me this issue happens every 6-12 sessions.  I am now checking my preferences and investment accounts after opening the data file, before running OSU, after running OSU and before closing the session.  If I see that the global preference has changed but not the account preference, then I correct the global preference and proceed in the session.  But if I see the account itself has changed to Simple Investing I will close the session and restore the last back up file because of the risk that transactions data will be missing.
    What a couple of people have said seems to resolve the issue for them is to leave the global preference set to enable Simple Investing but make sure the account setting is set to Complete Investing.  I have set up a couple of test files to see if I can duplicate their results but not enough time has passed to be able to confirm anything.
    The biggest issue in my mind is that downloading into an account while it is in Simple will result in transaction details not being downloaded...only securities, shares held, values and cash balance will get downloaded.  Switching back to Complete Investing will not restore the missing transaction details.  The only ways to get that missing transactions detail back into the register is to manually enter it or to restore a recent backup file that does not have Simple Investing turned on and run OSU, again.
    Quicken has been informed of this issue but I do not know what they might be doing to fix it.

• KenHampson
    KenHampson Member ✭✭
    Options
    where do you see the account preference? My global preferences is set to disable simple data.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In order to see the Account preference, you need to enable the global Simple setting. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    In order to see the Account preference, you need to enable the global Simple setting. 
    Thanks for responding.  I should have mentioned that to begin with.

This discussion has been closed.