Venmo Express Web Connect Mapping

kurtmc
kurtmc Member ✭✭
I use Quicken software to download and track my Venmo transactions. The "What's it for" comments field from Venmo get mapped into the "Payee" field of Quicken. How can the "Recipients" field in Venmo be mapped to the "Payee" field in Quicken and the "What's it for" comments field in Venmo be mapped to the "Memo" field in Quicken? Does Venmo or Quicken have control over the "Express Web Connect" backend settings to update this mapping?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2022
    Hello @kurtmc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

While Express Web Connect is classified as Quicken's server, how the information is sent through the server is controlled by the financial institution. For this issue, you will need to contact Venmo directly for further assistance.

We apologize for the inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kurtmc
    kurtmc Member ✭✭
    Thank you @"Quicken Anja" on the response. I contacted Venmo and looks like they don't officially support Quicken software. Is this Quicken's understanding as well?

"Thanks for contacting Venmo Support!

I'm sorry you're having issues with your Venmo transactions displayed incorrectly on Quicken. I know how important is for you, I am pleased to review your account, so you can have the next steps and accurate information on what to expect.​

At this time Venmo is not compatible with Quicken service. We strongly do not recommend linking your Venmo account information with another service.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks again for reaching out and I hope you have a wonderful day. Please let me know if you have any further questions!"
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    @kurtmc ,  Venmo does download to Quicken but it is problematic and it is unknown which party needs to fix things.  Unfortunately Venmo support is less than knowledgeable.  Please see summary of my 5 calls with them in this post.

Specific to your initial question, it is indeed Venmo who is mapping the data incorrectly.  Although approaching them to make the correction is the proper course of action, based on my communication with them I highly doubt it will go anywhere even IF you find the right & knowledgeable people as it is not a priority to them.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

This discussion has been closed.