Net Worth and Account Balance Report error

Stephen R
Stephen R Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I installed updates R39.17, .21 and .23 and it messed my file up. I had to restore my 3/2/22 backup file. I have gone back and reconciled all my accounts etc. Only one account still has problems. My USAA Savings account is showing the correct reconciled balance in the register. However, the Net Worth and Account Balance Report it not in sync, its showing +$20K more than the real balance.
How do I get it to sync or correct?
Steve
Q Home,Bus&Rental Build 27.1.39.23 WIN 11

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would set the Net Worth date range to Earliest to date then set the ending date back in time and compare to the register balance on that date, looking for the first date they disagree. Check any split transactions, probably a paycheck, on that date and correct any issues. Then go forward in time, correcting any additional trashed transactions, until the current balances agree. Take notes and do frequent backups as you go.

Please let us know what you find!

QWin Premier subscription
  • Stephen R
    Stephen R Member ✭✭
    Jim, thanks for quick response. I did that, the match point was 1/1/2017. The file was fine and in sync as of 3/8/2022 until the quicken updates.
    I found the problem, it was my retirement split check (all 62 of them). It removed/deleted the insurance deduction line and change the FED & State taxes amount. What a pain...
    Steve
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that the damage was in a backup file from 3/2. 

Had you previously restored or opened this file while 39.17 or 39.21 was installed? If so, how did you restore it? Was it via File > Restore a backup, which makes a copy of the .QDF-backup file, or some other way?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Stephen R
    Stephen R Member ✭✭
    Jim, when I saw the initial problem, I call into Quicken technical support. They walked me through the process of restoring my file from backup. I'm guessing the backup file while being the most current was also created after the install of the bad update.
    I went back to an older backup file and printed out a list of the correct entries. Since all the other accounts are up to date and in balance, I don't want to do another retore. I'm going to just manually correct each of them.
    Steve
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    My advice would be to bite the bullet and restore from the backup and bring it up to date.

If you try to fix it, there isn't any telling if you will get all the corruption and might just wait in the file to bite you later.  And by the time it might be so far in the past it might not even be possible to properly update it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.