Color code the block of Signature lines in each discussion or make it visually distinct from text

Options
UKR
UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
Would like to request a change in how the Signature block at the bottom of each comment entry is formatted, to make it visually stand out and be separate from the text of the comment.
For example,
  • make it use a different font or
  • make it use a smaller font size or
  • put a thin box frame around it or
  • use a colored background (light yellow?) to make it stand out more
  • limit the number of lines that can be used in a signature (keep it short and sweet!)
Thanks
5 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I agree that signatures on this site can be problematic, especially the people who insist on having long ones which run 6 or 7 lines to put in messages unrelated to identifying themselves and their Quicken use/history. But I doubt the site administrator (Quicken admins) can impose fonts or sizes, because that's already something users can do on their own.

I think it would be great for the Quicken moderators to reach out to people whose signatures are longer than two lines to pleasantly ask them to shorten their signature, but more that the moderators will do it for them after a period of time. I'm guessing that the admins for the site won't see this as a good use of the moderators' time, though.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jacobs said:
    I think it would be great for the Quicken moderators to reach out to people whose signatures are longer than two lines to pleasantly ask them to shorten their signature, but more that the moderators will do it for them after a period of time. I'm guessing that the admins for the site won't see this as a good use of the moderators' time, though.
    We can't even get the moderators to change their usernames so that there aren't spaces in them, so that it is easier for users to "mention" them.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    We can't even get the moderators to change their usernames so that there aren't spaces in them, so that it is easier for users to "mention" them.
    I like the spaces in my name because it makes it harder for randoms to tag me.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gave up on signatures in this forum long ago because they were so badly handled and I don't miss them:

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    I like the spaces in my name because it makes it harder for randoms to tag me.
    Maybe that is why the moderators do it.   >:)
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/