Lifetime Planner Changes

In a recent software update I lost the ability to change assumptions in the planner. When I click on "change assumptions" I get a "Navigation Cancelled" webpage. Is anyone experiencing this?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    In a recent software update I lost the ability to change assumptions in the planner. When I click on "change assumptions" I get a "Navigation Cancelled" webpage. Is anyone experiencing this?
    Hello @Bob in Naples

I am sorry to hear about this problem with the lifetime planner assumption function. Thank you for communicating with the Quicken Community regarding this issue.

Are you noticing this behavior after restoring from a backup saved just prior to the most recent update? You can restore a backup by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. We recommend saving backups frequently by going into the same menu and choosing File > Copy or Backup File... because this procedure is essential to preserving your data and can come in handy in other scenarios, as well. 

I look forward to hearing more from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Lloyd Young
    Lloyd Young Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 2022
    Had never used this function before now but seeing the same behavior as Bob. Am running the latest Beta [Removed - Beta]. Does not appear that the internal Quicken browser is working at all. Tried clicking on Quicken.com in the window that states "Navigation to webpage was canceled" and that link does not work either.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2022
    Hello @Bob in Naples & @Lloyd Young,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To resolve this issue, please ensure that you have the latest Quicken version release installed first. Then, close Quicken, remove the “Cache” folder from “C:\programData\Quicken”, then reopen Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Lloyd Young
    Lloyd Young Windows Beta Beta
    Anja,

Deleting the Cache folder fixed the issue. As stated earlier, I am running the latest Beta release however I do switch back and forth from Beta to Production often to check out different issues. Not sure if that caused the issue or not. This is something that should not occur. Do not think you want the average user performing these steps to fix the issue.

Lloyd
This discussion has been closed.