unimaginable problem with quicken and TD Bank

I don't care if the category is wrong.

All I wanted to do was be update my checking and credit card automatically through One Step Update.

On March 19, 2022, I called customer service with questions about Quicken not downloading checking and credit card transactions, waited 1.5 hours on hold. I spent another hour on the phone with tech support.

Tech support kept making it worse by changing my user name numerous times. I was instructed to restore a previous backup of the database, reactivate my accounts to use Direct Connect instead of the old Express Web Connect.

When I ran One Step Update, my checking account balance showed large negative balances going back to 2006 and all my categories didn’t make any sense. When I first got off the phone, I couldn’t even remember what my user name was.

Now, my current username (Mark_083) doesn’t match up with the old back up. If Quicken has me restore the old back up again the update won't be able to connect to TD Bank. I now have 2 credit cards set up for TD Bank with balances higher than my real credit card.

On my checking account, the Payee and Categories are so messed up that it's impossible to know who was paid what and when. Which makes my Quicken program absolutely useless. My most recent Child Support payment shows Payee as Saucon Valley Cafeteria and Category as Tax:State. And the list goes on and on back to 2006. I need to do my taxes. This is not possible without the transactions from Quicken.

At this point, my best option is to uninstall Quicken and delete the data files from my computer.

TD Bank made this situation unimaginably worse; I should not have to be the one to fix this.

I have already filed a complaint against TD Bank with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency against TD Bank.

Comments

• tt31922
    tt31922 Member
    TD Bank and Quicken need to work this out together!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @tt3922,

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.