Wells Fargo eBill No Longer Connection

I have a Wells Fargo credit card account that works just fine with direct connect, but I would also like to schedule my bill payments in the Bills & Income section. Wells Fargo was linked to eBill and worked until the other day when a red exclamation mark appeared. I tried to reauthenticate, but it didn't work. I completely unlinked and relinked Wells Fargo to this payee, but I either received 2-factor authentication or it put the connection in the pending status.

I have tried to link multiple times over the past few days. I have turned on and off 2FA on the Wells Fargo website and reattempted to link; fails. I am prompted to enter my credentials and Quicken attempts to login but times out. It appears that Wells Fargo changed how they present 2FA on the website to the back-end screen scraping no longer working.

This is now the 4th biller that no longer links to eBill. Is Quicken trying to phase out this capability or can't Intuit and Quicken keep up with the changes? Funny I tried to do the same through a test [Removed - Solicitation] account and it works just fine. I don't understand why Quicken doesn't use an account's connection if one exists over the eBill HTML screen scraping method.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @milliman

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

I have performed an internal refresh sync on your Wells Fargo e-bill, please wait 24-48 hours before trying to resync again. 

If you are still experiencing the same error after 48 hours, then I recommend removing and re-adding the e-bill.

Please let me know how this goes for you, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

About your Bill Manager issues

My 2cents' worth, if I may:

I don't use Bill Pay services or Bill Manager at all, neither the one from Quicken nor the one offered by my bank. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented and dial-up transaction downloading became available) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of having to wrestle with making payment on time I let the biller do all the work for me.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates or late fees.

• milliman
    milliman Member ✭✭
    Thanks Jasmine for trying. I waited until Sunday night or the 27th, and the status is pending again. I removed the eBiller and readded it but that never worked either.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @milliman,

Due to this error still occurring after attempting to perform an internal refresh and waiting the 48 hours, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support for further assistance. They may walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation if needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• milliman
    milliman Member ✭✭
    Thank you Jasmine for your suggestion, but I turned to this community because your support is not very helpful and that is putting it nicely. I know more about the program and how it works than 90%+ of them. The only reason I keep using Quicken is longevity and the fact that there is an application for my Mac and Android devices AND my data does not need to be kept on your servers.

As of today, I now have 6 companies that no longer link to Quicken via eLink. You'd think that there would be enough Chase and WellsFargo customers to have the issue fixed in a day or two. One other company is a large insurance company that used to work and the other 3 are smaller companies all using the same billing company. Seems like each time I use Quicken and have to reauthenticate, I lose that biller.
This discussion has been closed.