New American Express Account Not Found

Options
I have a new Amex card that I've added to my online Amex account about a week ago. When I try to add it to Quicken, it isn't found at all. Anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cridenour said:
    I have a new Amex card that I've added to my online Amex account about a week ago. When I try to add it to Quicken, it isn't found at all. Anybody have any ideas?
    Hello @cridenour

I am sorry about this issue with linking accounts to online banking services. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community in search of a resolution.

First, verify your account number by going to Tools > Account List then clicking on Edit and looking at the General tab under the Account Number box.

Next, try signing out of Quicken and signing in as a different user by going to Edit > Preferences then selecting Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts and then clicking Sign in as a different user. Type 'yes' then follow the prompts and sign back in once you have finished with your QuickenID and associated password. 

I look forward to hearing your response once you have attempted these troubleshooting steps.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • cridenour
    cridenour Member
    Options
    Thanks Jared, that did not work. When I try to set up online services, it pulls back only the two Amex accounts that are already set up in Quicken. The account that I am trying to add doesn't bring back.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @cridenour,

Thank you for your response and for attempting the troubleshooting steps that @Quicken Jared posted. 

Next, I suggest creating a test file and adding the American Express accounts to see if the third account appears. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:

1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.
    Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• cridenour
    cridenour Member
    Options
    Hi Jasmine, this did not work either. Only the two American Express accounts were found.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cridenour said:
    Hi Jasmine, this did not work either. Only the two American Express accounts were found.
    Hello @cridenour

I am sorry that this issue is still, as of yet, unresolved. Thank you for continuing to update us and provide us with further information about the situation.

Have you noticed any difficulties when adding any new accounts not associated with American Express? If you can, check the connection method you are using to link your American Express accounts by going to Tools > Account List and clicking the Edit button next to each of your American Express accounts. From here, navigate to the Online Services tab. 

Lastly, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure the data file is located on your computer and not in an external drive or cloud-based storage service. 

I look forward to hearing more from you.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • cridenour
    cridenour Member
    Options
    This is resolved. I tried adding the account again today and it added with no issues.
This discussion has been closed.