Moving Finds from Tracked Account to Simple Account

Options
Craig R
Craig R Member
edited April 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I had an account which tracked several Mutual Funds that I maintained on my own. They have now been moved to a financial Advisor's brokerage account where the individual mutual funds are no longer under my control. I maintained the old account manually, not downloading transactions but just entering them myself. In the new account, I download portfolio balances. So now each account has roughly the same amount of money, since the new account was created by just moving the mutual funds over.

That means my Quicken shows double the amount of money I actually have - $n in the old account, $n in the new (roughly). How do I clear out the old one, while keeping it's history? I suppose what actually happened was I cashed out my mutual funds, then moved to the cash to the new account. But if I do that transfer in Quicken, it'll end up doubling the amount of money I have in that, right?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Craig R,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question. 

If you right-click on the account you are no longer using, you will see an option that says Mark "account name" as Closed. This will close the account and move it to Hidden Accounts where you will still be able to see the history however it will no longer affect your balances or other information. 

I hope this helps. 
    Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Craig R,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question. 

If you right-click on the account you are no longer using, you will see an option that says Mark "account name" as Closed. This will close the account and move it to Hidden Accounts where you will still be able to see the history however it will no longer affect your balances or other information. 

I hope this helps. 
    Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.