Quicken trying to add investment shares that don't exist

Kquinby
Kquinby Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I had downloaded my investment information and was having many problems. I have three investment accounts from the same brokerage. Quicken is giving me a message in my IRA that I have shares missing and wants me to add them to my account. They happen to be shares from another of my investment accounts so they don't even belong to this investment. The amounts appear in my portfolio significantly overstating the value. There is a button to add the shares, but it does not give me an option to not add them, as they don't belong in this portfolio. If I add them and delete them afterward, the notification returns so that does not fix the problem. If I add them, and try to do an entry to remove the shares, they do not go away. The account has become useless to me and I would like to know how to fix it. I have disconnected the account from downloading information but that has not helped either.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Kquinby,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error. 

What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by going to Quicken > About Quicken. What financial institution are these accounts with? What is the Connection Method that you have set up with these accounts? When did this error begin to occur?

I recommend creating a test file and adding these accounts to see if the same error occurs with adding shares. You can create a test file by going to File > New > Start from Scratch. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.