Is it possible to add online services to existing investment account without creating a new account?

Options
I have been using an older version of Quicken and just upgraded to the online version. While attempting to setup the online updating of an existing investment account it ask for a name of the account. I cannot put the current name in as it indicates that this is already in use. The program wants to create a new account. Is it only possible to use this feature when setting up a new account?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On one of the screens, Q asks to "add" the account, you need to change that to "link" and then select the correct existing account.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WHAT "online version".  Q is a desktop product, with QWeb and QMobile adjuncts that act in cooperation with that desktop product ... but not as standalone products.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    B1234 said: While attempting to setup the online updating of an existing investment account it asks for a name of the account. I cannot put the current name in as it indicates that this is already in use. The program wants to create a new account. Is it only possible to use this feature when setting up a new account?
    A little confused....
    1 - Guessing you have purchased the current Quicken, downloaded it and install it - correct ?
    2 - What version does it show...... Help --> About Quicken
    3 - You should be able to go to any EXISTING Quicken Account and merely setup the online feature.
    It will then connect to the bank, prompt for your bank User ID and password, display a list of accounts "found" -
    and then offer you a choice .....
    A - create new account
    B - "link" to your existing Quicken account..... PICK LINK -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• KRK
    KRK Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, and I don't see the options you describe. Here is what I see when I try to connect my Quicken account to Online Banking. When I click on "Set up Now," it takes me to the second screen where I am asked to set up a NEW account. There is never a "link" option.
This discussion has been closed.