Well, I'll try this again since the forum didn't like it with the formatting.
On the off chance that a Quicken user has gotten Quicken running in Linux and can provide a solution, I'll ask this here:
In a nutshell, after fighting with this all day, I've managed to actually install Quicken in Wine. But, when I start it, it almost immediately errors out. Basically, Quicken starts, I get two error popups saying "Failed to resolve function RaiseFailFastException in KERNEL32.dll" followed by the program starting to do something (it's too fast to see), then two more of those same error dialogs. Then the program crashes.
I've tried this with the WINE distribution from Fedora's RPM (v7.5). Then I uninstalled that and used Wine's winehq_devel version (v7.6):
[code]sudo dnf -y install dnf-plugins-core
I've got a fresh install of Winetricks:
[code]cd "${HOME}/Downloads"
chmod +x winetricks
sudo cp winetricks /usr/local/bin[/code]
which I've confirmed is up-to-date with:
[code]sudo winetricks --self-update[/code]
I've installed Quicken with winecfg set to the default Windows 7 and with the Windows 10 version (which, I think is what Quicken requires as a minimum).
The installation method I followed is what's in WineHQ's AppDB for Quicken 2020 Premier (which seems to be the latest entry). Essentially:
[quote]Create a new 32-bit wine prefix for the Quicken installation and install MS .Net Framework 4.6.1 using winetricks:
[code]$ WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.quicken-wine winetricks -q --force dotnet461[/code]
Change the Direct Draw Renderer to GDI using winetricks:
[code]$ WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.quicken-wine winetricks settings ddr=gdi[/code]
Patch the Quicken installer to prevent it from attempting to install the PDF print driver:
[code]$ cd /path/to/installer/file
$ 7za x Quicken.exe
$ perl -pi.bak -0777e 's/NOT REMOVE="ALL"InstallPDFDriver/NOT_REMOVE="ALL"InstallPDFDriver/' "DISK1/Quicken.msi"
[/code]
(BTW: if I don't patch out that PDF print driver, the install fails with an error code (which I don't remember, but think it was 1625)
Run the Setup.exe installer application:
[code]$ WINEPREFIX=~/.quicken-wine wine DISK1/Setup.exe[/quote][/code]
At the end of that process, I both 1) let the program start immediately from the prompt, and 2) not let it run and then started it manually from the GUI. I've also 1) let it run immediately, and 2) not let it run, installed the Mondo Patch:
[code]WINEPREFIX=~/.quicken-wine wine QW27.1.40.13MPatch.EXE[/code]
and then started it (both immediately from the end of the patch process and from the GUI afterward).
I saw where I'm supposed to run:
[code]wine [program name] &> /tmp/log.txt 2>&1 [/code]
for additional information. But, I don't know what to put in for the program name.
It's not much, but some of the information from the crash reports it generates follows:
[code]BugReport>
<BsSndRptVersion>3.13</BsSndRptVersion>
<AppInfo>
<Vendor>quicken_2019</Vendor>
<AppName>27.0</AppName>
<Version>R40.13-27.1.40.13</Version>
<CrashType>Windows.Native</CrashType>
<FullDump>false</FullDump>
<Description>
<![CDATA[ 20220418155601332 ]]>
</Description>
</AppInfo>
<ReportOccurence>
<User>
<Name>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</Name>
<Email>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</Email>
<IPAddress>
<![CDATA[ 192.168.1.238 ]]>
</IPAddress>
</User>
<DateTime>2022-04-18 15:57:22</DateTime>
<Description>
<![CDATA[ ]]>
</Description>
<MFA>kernelbase!00011886</MFA>
<SessionUpTime>70</SessionUpTime>
<TotalUpTime>169</TotalUpTime>
<LaunchCount>4</LaunchCount>
<TotalCrashCount>4</TotalCrashCount>
</ReportOccurence>
</BugReport>[/code]
[code]################### Monday, April 18, 2022, 15:56:42 #####################
ERROR:Child process exited unexpectedly.
################### Monday, April 18, 2022, 15:56:44 #####################
ERROR:ClientConfigResponse::GetClientConfig - ArgumentException Exception message - An item with the same key has already been added.[/code]
And, here's some information on Quicken and the OS:
Quicken downloaded from Quicken site (from what the patch, below, says, this is R1)
Quicken Mondo Patch QW27.1.40.13MPatch also downloaded from Quicken site
Operating System: Fedora Linux 35
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.91.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.16.20-200.fc35.x86_64 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 12 × AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT