My prices for stocks at end of month are wrong for Fidelity. I have a way to update the right numbe

Options
golfbad
golfbad Member ✭✭
edited June 2022 in Investing (Windows)
My prices for stocks at end of month are wrong for Fidelity. I have a way to update the right numbers BUT I have to keep Quicken from entering it's wrong one. I have read some stuff, but it does hot seem to work for ME (or maybe I do not understand.) Is there a way to prevent Quicken from ever updating stock prices automatically?? If not is there a easy way to delete (NOT 0) each existing entrys easily using the Investing Portfolio (or similar) date as the starting point?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-update-security-prices
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Note that in the link Sherlock provided there is a section about the Hierarchy of price entries.  That info indicates that your manual entries should not be overridden by downloaded prices from other sources.  I can't swear that is an absolute in all cases, but it is the way it is supposed to be.  Can you document a regular pattern of different behavior?
  • Lauren Babus
    Lauren Babus Member ✭✭
    Options
    The real question is why Fidelity prices are wrong! I have been grappling with this for years.
  • golfbad
    golfbad Member ✭✭
    Options
    Not really an answer to mine but I am thinking the reason is that Fidelity record the new prices sometime after close 4 Eastern and the new data stay on their source until the next day...but the actual date passed to us users is the date of our download i.e tomorrow unless you do this download silliness before midnight BUT after they update their file(s).
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I download quotes from Fidelity after 4pm Eastern time ... and get the correct pricing.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• golfbad
    golfbad Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your response. Did not help me, because I seldom can download the same day, but it did confirm that this IS possibly the problem, but no help for my solution
This discussion has been closed.