Quicken won't load

Options
Jonelle
Jonelle Member ✭✭
An update started but then a box came up giving me 3 choices. I can't remember what the first on was. The second was Close All Processes. The third was Cancel Update. I chose the second. It appeared as if the update was then successful. However, Quicken did not autoload as it usually does after an update. I clicked on the icon & there was a brief flash of the Quicken logo, but the program did not load. I rebooted my computer & tried again with no success. I've used Quicken for many years without any problems. Where do I go from here?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jonelle said:
    An update started but then a box came up giving me 3 choices. I can't remember what the first on was. The second was Close All Processes. The third was Cancel Update. I chose the second. It appeared as if the update was then successful. However, Quicken did not autoload as it usually does after an update. I clicked on the icon & there was a brief flash of the Quicken logo, but the program did not load. I rebooted my computer & tried again with no success. I've used Quicken for many years without any problems. Where do I go from here?
    Hello @Jonelle

I am sorry to hear about this problem with crashing and failed updates. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community in search of assistance.

Was this a One Step Update or a software update that was interrupted by the sudden crash? If you have the chance, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the Quicken software. You can find instructions for uninstalling the Quicken software in the Support Article linked here, and I will provide a link regarding reinstallation here.

I am eager to see your reply, and hope to hear any updates you may be able to provide. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jonelle
    Jonelle Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Jared, I just found your reply. I guess the update was a software update, but I'm not sure. I did find a Quicken.exe file in my download folder dated 5/4/2022. I was unsure if I should click on it so I didn't. I went to the support article link you supplied but it starts by saying " Note: If you are installing Quicken, you do not have to uninstall your old version first -- we'll do that for you automatically when you install the new version." Please tell me if uninstalling first is the still best option. By the way I have Windows 11. Thanks, Jonelle
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Jonelle,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    Jonelle said:
    I went to the support article link you supplied but it starts by saying " Note: If you are installing Quicken, you do not have to uninstall your old version first -- we'll do that for you automatically when you install the new version." Please tell me if uninstalling first is the still best option. 
    To clarify what you mentioned above; yes, you would still uninstall first as the program you're reinstalling is the same version as the one you are uninstalling. The support article that Jared provided is referring to older versions not needing to be uninstalled first if you're upgrading and installing a new version (e.g.: replacing Quicken 2017 with the new subscription model).

I hope this clarifies things for you! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jonelle
    Jonelle Member ✭✭
    Options
    I uninstalled & reinstalled Quicken. Everything looks ok so far. Thank you both for your help! Jonelle
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    @Jonelle Thanks for the update! Glad to hear things are working as expected now. :)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.