Problem with Syncing Apple mobile device with mac

Murad Ali Murad
Murad Ali Murad Member ✭✭
edited June 2022 in Using the Mobile App
I have been using quicken for a long time and have several sets of accounts all can sync with mobile devices except one set of accounts which do not shown individual transactions of see reports on the mobile device and the process of syncing is never completed. Have tried all solutions uninstall and reinstall, sign out and sign in again, On the mac I have reset cloud and have removed the majority of the syncing list. I notice on the mobile device there is no list of payees.I attach herewith an image the page that shows pages

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Murad Ali Murad,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, please save a backup prior to performing any troubleshooting steps (just in case).

I know you mentioned having already tried resetting your cloud, however, when you did so, did you also sign out of the mobile app first as well as turn off sync in the process of resetting the cloud? If not, then to start with, I suggest that you please try to reset the cloud again by following the instructions below. Doing so does not affect your data file nor other Cloud Accounts (if applicable). 
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile app
    2. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    3. Preferences... 
    4. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    5. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    6. Click Disable Sync
    7. Navigate to Connected Services
    8. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    9. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    10. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    11. Click Enable Sync
    Once that is done, go back to Mobile, Web & Alerts > Accounts to select/deselect the accounts as desired, then click Update. Once that completes, sign back in on the Quicken Mobile app, and see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Murad Ali Murad
    Hello and thank you for your response. I did exactly as you explained but unfortunately i continue to have the same problem. I also notice that the syncing process on the mobile device does not end and continues and I have waited upto half an hour and the syncing goes on and on. The problem may be some corrupt transaction or transactions that are causing this to happen but it is different to find out which transaction.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for your responses, I am sorry that you are still experiencing this error. 

Next, I suggest manually resetting the cloud account instead.

To do this, first, save a backup (just in case). Sign out of the Quicken Mobile app again. Then, follow the instructions provided below to remove the cloud account from your main data file (this does not affect your data saved with your file).
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Preferences...
    3. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF
    4. Click Disable Sync
    5. Close Preferences
    6. Open a different data file, or if you don't have a second data file to open, then create a temporary new data file (click here to view instructions under To create a new data file).
    7. Once you've opened a different data file, navigate back to Quicken
    8. Preferences...
    9. Connected Services
    10. Click on See all cloud accounts 
    11. Select the cloud account name from your original file
    12. Click the minus-sign (-) in the bottom left corner
    13. On the pop-up screen, click Delete Cloud Account
    14. Switch back to your original data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Switching between data files)
    15. Once you've returned to your original data file, navigate back to Quicken
    16. Preferences...
    17. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    18. Click Enable Sync
    Once the sync completes, sign back in to check and see if this resolved the issue. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account (if applicable).

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Murad Ali Murad
    I did exactly what you mentioned in your reply but the problem persists. In fact on the mobile device the loading continues without stop but the transactions and reports are not synced. Could the sync have a storage limit although the sync is from May 2017 and not from the beginning? Could the format of attachments not acceptable for syncin?.The attachment format is jpeg jpg jpeg200 etc.
  • Quicken Anja
    Generally, the mobile app does only display a limited amount of history rather than the entire history that you are able to view in your desktop data file. However, this limitation should not be causing the issues that you are seeing.

At this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead for further assistance. Please note that it's possible that our support agents may need to seek Tier 2 assistance. In which case, we'd recommend waiting until Monday to contact support as Tier 2 is out of the office on weekends.

I apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.