Problem downloading Transactions from CapitalOne
Frank Hartman Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
This is still an issue. I have been a Quicken User for over 20 years, now. I am running the Latest Release of Quicken for Windows, and have not been able to download transactions from CapitalOne for almost a week. The problem seemed to be fixed for a short time. I get NO Error Message, NO Entry in the OSU Summary, and I still have transactions that have Not been downloaded using OSU. [Removed - Rant]
Quicken Jasmine Moderator modHello @Frank Hartman,
Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I do apologize that you have been experiencing this issue with downloading transactions from your CapitalOne account(s).
First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the CapitalOne account(s) to see if it produces the same error. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
- Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
- Select New Quicken File.
- Click OK.
- In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file.
Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
- Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt.
- Select to not use Mobile.
- Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.
After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file.
Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response.