Chase - OL-393-A Errors [Edited]

Options

Answers

• jb@
    jb@ Member
    Options
    I am _still_ encountering this issue. How long is it going to take for you to fix this?
  • Lee Wunsch
    Lee Wunsch Member ✭✭
    Options
    Waiting for same resolution. What is taking so long? It seems every time Quicken identifies a bank connection error, fix time takes forever. Comment?
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am encountering the same error.  I use Windows 11, Quicken Deluxe with Direct Connect to Chase.  I have 6 accounts with two separate log ins to Chase set up.  One works and the other gives an OL-393 error.  It appears the accounts are updating correctly but the OL-393 error shows up with the second login attempt.  I attempted resetting the accounts and completely deactivating the direct connection, then reactivating the Direct Connection.  The problem continues.
  • DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    What happens when you click NO to Bank Bill Pay on Chase and run update?
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not sure what you mean when you say click no to Bank Bill Pay?  If I remove the check on the "Bring My Payment Information up to date" selection the update works.
  • art83
    art83 Member
    Options
    UNABLE TO UPDATE CHASE ACCOUNT
  • Eddie Choy
    Eddie Choy Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was able to update Chase one time. Then it stopped updating. Same error code
  • shawjp43
    shawjp43 Member
    Options
    I had to deactivate Bank Bill Pay it was turned on here is the screenshot with it turned off
  • DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Open the Chase checking register. Edit Account Details, ( gear at the upper right), Go to Online Services Tab. It's not that easy to find if you haven't seen it before.
  • bradmichalove633
    bradmichalove633 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @shawjp43 @DRMick I did the same and it worked for me
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the assistance.  I turned off the Bank Bill Pay and the update is working now.  I appreciate the help,
  • ramsubs
    ramsubs Member
    Options
    Its been a week already - whats the stautus on the fix for OL 393A issues with Chase?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913242/updated-5-10-2022-chase-ol-393-a

You're waiting for Chase to correct their issue.
  • LWolfie
    LWolfie Member
    Options
    Running Quicken Deluxe on a Windows 10 machine. The last update I did around May 9 ABSOLUTELY turned on Online Bill Pay for my Chase checking account. I just turned it off and all good!

Tools -> Account List -> Edit (Checking Account) -> Online Services tab -> Online Bill Pay
  • Thomas Langner
    Thomas Langner Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Ron S" said:
    > I am encountering the same error.  I use Windows 11, Quicken Deluxe with Direct Connect to Chase.  I have 6 accounts with two separate log ins to Chase set up.  One works and the other gives an OL-393 error.  It appears the accounts are updating correctly but the OL-393 error shows up with the second login attempt.  I attempted resetting the accounts and completely deactivating the direct connection, then reactivating the Direct Connection.  The problem continues.

I did exactly the same procedure and the problem is still continuing !
  • jtu50
    jtu50 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This problem has now been ongoing for at least a week. I have followed the directions and reported a problem with subject CTP-3750. Software is of no value to me if I cannot update my accounts. I have been a quicken user for over 20 yrs. The delay in resolving this issue is unacceptable.
  • Winter001
    Winter001 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Laughable that Quicken has not remedied this issue... Earth To Quicken...
  • ksrothschild
    ksrothschild Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I checked all aspects of this error message on the Quicken boards... and I find nothing helpful to my issue with the Chase accounts I maintain.

HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!!

;-(
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Note: The cause of the OL-393-A error message does not appear to be preventing the Online Services from functioning.  Hopefully, Chase will address the issue causing the benign error soon.

If you haven't already, you may want to review: 
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913242/updated-5-10-2022-chase-ol-393-a
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913185/chase-bank-ol-393-a-errors-started-5-9-22/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    ksrothschild said: I checked all aspects of this error message on the Quicken boards...
    really - there are postings and even an ALERT on this exact topic - I have suggested Admin merge into that main thread.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Frank_from_Texas
    Frank_from_Texas Member ✭✭
    Options
    The update from this past weekend of May14th showed it recovered once, but yesterday it's back to the same OL-393A error. We need to urgently encourage Chase to permanently fix this issue for us Quicken users.
  • fnatale1
    fnatale1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Having same problem and error message with Chase Bank downloads. Been occurring for a few days now.
  • Badger51
    Badger51 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I need to repeat a comment from earlier...I don't see an option to turn Direct Bill Pay on or off
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had a difficult time finding it too.  Navigate to the Account Details screen and select Online Services.  This is the same screen you used to set up the bank update connection.  On the lower portion of the window there is a box named Online Bill Pay.  It should show your account name and below there is a box with Bank Bill Pay shown under the payment method.  Next to it under Online Bill Pay it shows yes.  In the Action box click on Deactivate, a window will pop up to confirm you want to deactivate the service.  Click yes.  It will then show as Bank Bill Pay, No, Check For Bank Bill Pay.  At that point you should be good to go.  Once there is a fix for the problem you can reactivate Bank Bill Pay by clicking Check For Bank Bill Pay if you wish to use that feature.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw the Quicken Post on this Long running error....and that it is being worked on but as of today...5/17/22...it is not resolved.  I use CHASE, I have an Online profile and my wife has an Online Profile.  My Connections comes back with this Error, hers does NOT...both Online Profiles/Connections are Direct Connect....so I am puzzled why one acct connects fine and the other does Not.  I have also spoken to Chase tech Support, they are aware of this issue and as of yesterday have no idea when it will be resolved.....
  • Alan Edward
    Alan Edward Member
    Options
    Quicken's "Jared" comment stating that they are aware of the problem and that they are working on it is of no help. In my case, no transactions have been downloaded to Quicken for my Chase accounts since May 11. How do we hold Quicken accountable for getting this problem resolved? All my Citi bank credit cards are being processed with no problems.
  • Badger51
    Badger51 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Ongoing Saga...I still can't find any options for Bill Pay

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Badger51 said: Ongoing Saga...I still can't find any options for Bill Pay
    Weird - Existing feature enabled can usually be found here.....  Tools --> Account List
    Here is a screen grab from a NON enabled Chase account -
    the Enabled account looks the same exact for the "Online Bill Bay" is YES vs NO

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Badger51
    Badger51 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    See my screenshot

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Badger51 said: See my screenshot
    I did - that's why I was replying to your posting with my "normal" image of what is usually displayed.
    What does your Account List show for any accounts having Bill Pay with a YES ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.