One Step Update generates bogus balances

One Step Update generates bogus balances. Reconcile does NOT work.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the online balance Quicken obtained from the financial institution is unreliable, I suggest reconciling using a statement.
  • Damian
    Damian Member ✭✭✭✭
    The reason why you are not reconciling with your bank's balance, and it comes back saying that there are no items to reconcile is that you may have marked some items as reconciled (R) that shouldn't have been.  All it's really saying is that you don't have any transactions that are not marked reconciled (R), therefore reconciliation is moot.  If you remove the (R) from those items that are not truly reconciled, you should be able to get the reconciliation window, which will then help you reconcile.  At this point I would compare your transitions from your online bank account, or statements, with Quicken manually to find your difference or items that should not be marked as reconciled.
    (Quicken Premier Subscription R40.21 on Windows 11 Pro)
  • Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your response. I did not reconcile anything. It is checked in the program to reconcile. It does NOT. See screenshots. This is the 3rd computer today with Quicken errors. When I deactivate then reactivate on one computer, I see issues on the next. All 3 computers experience Quicken errors. Vicious cycle.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I, for one, can't read your screen shots because too much is being shown.  See if you can trim them down to just the smaller window.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Damian Your thorough explanations are refreshing and helpful!
    Quicken Windows Deluxe Subscription R39.23
     Only function used is register function and reports. NO, other Quicken functions or Sync being used.  ;)
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    I, for one, can't read your screen shots because too much is being shown.  See if you can trim them down to just the smaller window.
    I don't have any difficulty reading the screenshots.  The transactions appear to be marked as reconciled including multiple balance adjustment transactions and the online balance doesn't match.

Based on the comments, I'd say Reconcile using online balance is checked and, when reconciling, a balance adjustment is being accepted.

@Suntu: If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/reconciling-account-quicken-windows
  • Suntu
    Suntu Member ✭✭
    Thank you for responding. I'm using a 4K computer. Sorry you can't read the screenshots. Don't know how to make it so you can.