Unable to connect to Merrill Lynch Benefits online for 401K

Like others have posted about a month ago, the connection stopped working on my Mac for Quicken. I have followed the instructions that have been previously given on similar issues but to no avail. It's interesting the the url for connecting is incorrect - it should benefits.ml.com not just ml.com. I called ML and was told it was a known Quicken issue.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2022
    Hello @relocatedbear

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are unable to connect to your Merrill Lynch account(s).

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Merrill Lynch account(s) to see if the same error occurs with transactions not downloading. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

If your financial institution has changed its URL, then it will require them to submit a request to have it changed within Quicken. For more detailed information regarding this topic, please take a moment to review the section titled "How can I fix an incorrect Homepage URL?" found in this support article.

Please let me know how the test file goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• borq79
    borq79 Member
    I too am having this issue. It appears that they may have changed their URL. Seems like this should be something Quicken takes care of by reaching out to Merrill and not something that is up to the users of the software. Merrill is a pretty large institution, so I'd expect this is something Quicken will take care of for us. Per the article you link to, maybe future versions of Quicken allow the customer to override the URL if they happen to know it or are able to figure it out rather than wait around for either the institution or the Quicken team to fix it.
  • bacarter213
    bacarter213 Member ✭✭
    Lost all mine too... I agree with borq79, seems Quicken should keep their software up to date.....
  • jrouault
    jrouault Member
    Same problem for me. Quicken team when will you fix this issue?
This discussion has been closed.