Paycheck duplicating since after March 11

jthording
jthording Member
Hi,

My paychecks are entered 2 and 3 times ever since March 11, 2022. And its showing that I have several uncategorized transactions which are related to the paycheck entries. The paycheck entries appear correct in the register but NOT in the reports. How can i get this fixed??? My data appears corrupt.

Thanks,

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jthording,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Anne B
    Anne B Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    I have had the same problem with TRACK PAYCHECK . It duplicates entries for the same paycheck sometimes 3 entries for the same item and then puts the net pay in Expenses as an Uncategorized item. I am on the latest release 40.21(Quicken for Windows, using Windows 10). I have done all the fixes that I can find. What seems to work is to use just a regular income reminder instead of using the Track Paycheck reminder (which in the past worked great. . .up until sometime earlier this year). This is not a good solution for entering my Social Security check each month. Only Track Paycheck lets me schedule for the 2nd Wednesday of the month which is when these checks are deposited.
    I also noticed that my Loan payment (Mortgage payment) transaction did not work correctly. I have used Quicken successfully for years and don't understand why all these problems. This one was supposedly fixed but it is still happening.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Anne B said:
    I have had the same problem with TRACK PAYCHECK . It duplicates entries for the same paycheck sometimes 3 entries for the same item and then puts the net pay in Expenses as an Uncategorized item. I am on the latest release 40.21(Quicken for Windows, using Windows 10). I have done all the fixes that I can find. What seems to work is to use just a regular income reminder instead of using the Track Paycheck reminder (which in the past worked great. . .up until sometime earlier this year). This is not a good solution for entering my Social Security check each month. Only Track Paycheck lets me schedule for the 2nd Wednesday of the month which is when these checks are deposited.
    I also noticed that my Loan payment (Mortgage payment) transaction did not work correctly. I have used Quicken successfully for years and don't understand why all these problems. This one was supposedly fixed but it is still happening.
    Hello @Anne B

I am sorry that you seem to be affected by this issue, as well. Thank you for discussing this further with us here in this Quicken Community thread. 

If you have already attempted the instructions above regarding validation and super validation of the data file, you may also consider copying the data file. It is important to note that doing this will disconnect all online services in the copied data file, and that it will be necessary to reactivate all online account connections, online Bill Manager services, and all online notifications in the new copy of the data file. Also, a new data set will be created in the new data file, should you intend to use that as your primary data file, going forward.

With that in mind, if you wish to continue, follow these steps, in order:

• Navigate to File
    • Select Copy or Backup File...
    • Select Create a copy or template
    • Click Next 
    • Select a file location on your computer
    • Click Save Copy
    • Select New Copy
    • Click OK
    I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing back from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.