Citi Downloads Not downloading

I can't download any transactions from Citibank. I've tried to resetting the system several times, done a validation and repair of the system but it still doesn't work. I don't get any error message. The one step update just stops working and no new transactions are there. Please let me know why this might be happening?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I can't download any transactions from Citibank. I've tried to resetting the system several times, done a validation and repair of the system but it still doesn't work. I don't get any error message. The one step update just stops working and no new transactions are there. Please let me know why this might be happening?
    Hello @Lauren'sQkn

I am sorry to hear about this issue with account downloads. Thank you for reaching out about this on the Quicken Community.

Are you currently making use of any firewalls, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), pop-up blockers, or antivirus software? If so, it may be necessary to remove these, or turn them off, as they can cause connectivity issues that prevent transaction information from downloading properly, in some cases.

Also, what connection method are you using to link or add your account(s)? You can check this by navigating to Tools > Account List, clicking the Edit button in the row associated with the affected account(s), and then navigating to the Online Services tab. The information requested should be available under the Online Setup callout box, provided that your account is connected.

I look forward to working with you further on this issue, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Lauren'sQkn
    Lauren'sQkn Member ✭✭
    It's not a firewall issue because the other accounts are downloading without a problem. It's only my Citibank accounts that aren't downloading. I have several other accounts that are loading perfectly fine. I have accounts with Synchrony, Amex, Chase, Ameritrade & Raymond James and all of those transactions download without any issue. It's only the Citi accounts that don't update.

As for the connection method, the Citi accounts are updated with Express Web Connect and automatic entry is OFF. I've reset the account several times and checked with Citibank's system to make sure that I'm set correctly. I've been doing this since 1994, and it seems that the last transactions that downloaded correctly is dated April 5th, 2022.

Thank you for your help.
    Lauren
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2022
    Hello @guybyny,

Thank you for joining this thread and for letting us know that you are also experiencing this issue with transactions not downloading from your Citi Bank account(s).

Next, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Citi Bank account(s) to see if it produces the same error with transactions not downloading. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• JR M
    JR M Member ✭✭
    I was getting the dreaded CC-800 Deleted Account message for my Citibank accounts. Tried the recommended deactivate and reactivate steps but was having issues trying to relink the basic checking account. Support had me deactivate all my Citibank and Citicards account and move them all to use Express Web Connect and that seemed to work (for now).

I'll have to see if I start getting errors on the Citicards downloads as having those switched to Direct Connect was that fix.
This discussion has been closed.