Slow/Unavailable Quicken server

Options
I have been having a terrible time accessing the Quicken server this morning (Central time zone). Quicken has been very slow to load since I suspect it must access the server during the load. OSU has repeatedly failed although I eventually got it to work. After reading a closed discussion on the subject I went to check to make sure my software was up to date. The result was a message that the server could not be reached and to check my internet connection. I have Gigabit service and repeated speed tests I performed this morning showed 3ms ping, 800+ Mbps Down and 700+ Mbps Up. OSU is the only reason I migrated to the online version of Quicken and I am fed up with the unresponsiveness of the Quicken server. Is there any way I can disable unrequested server access until I want such access?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FPEMike said:
    I have been having a terrible time accessing the Quicken server this morning (Central time zone). Quicken has been very slow to load since I suspect it must access the server during the load. OSU has repeatedly failed although I eventually got it to work. After reading a closed discussion on the subject I went to check to make sure my software was up to date. The result was a message that the server could not be reached and to check my internet connection. I have Gigabit service and repeated speed tests I performed this morning showed 3ms ping, 800+ Mbps Down and 700+ Mbps Up. OSU is the only reason I migrated to the online version of Quicken and I am fed up with the unresponsiveness of the Quicken server. Is there any way I can disable unrequested server access until I want such access?
    Hello @FPEMike

I am sorry to hear about these issues with slow performance and failed updates. Thank you for bringing these matters before the Quicken Community.

First, are you seeing any error messages when the One Step Update fails, and are there specific financial institutions that are being affected? If there are error messages, what error codes are associated with them?

Also, when you mention disabling 'unrequested server access' are you inquiring about deactivating accounts from online banking services? I want to confirm this before providing additional troubleshooting recommendations.

I look forward to hearing your answers. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • CMuss
    CMuss Member
    Options
    I've had the same issue for 3 days now. It is associated with a specific Quicken file as I have 2 that I use. One is working fine while the 2nd is given the server error message. This may be related to asking for login credentials that due to various typos took 3 tries. Since then, I've been getting this message with either 10 min or 1 hour revisit time recommendations.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @CMuss

Thank you for updating us and for providing more information. 

If you have not already, I suggest signing out and back in with the file that you are experiencing the error. Please follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.